Small wattage PSU that has 7 SATA power cables?

AustinTheIntern

Planning to make a server with 6x3TB RED drives and an added 120GB Evo. 

Wondering if anyone knows a power supply that has 7 SATA power cables. 

Thanks

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

It might be better going for a RAID card to be honest, I'm not sure about a PSU... All I can think of are the massive 1200 watt ones which you said you don't want

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

9 Sata connectors. (You meant connectors, right?)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It might be better going for a RAID card to be honest, I'm not sure about a PSU... All I can think of are the massive 1200 watt ones which you said you don't want

You still need to power the drives if you use a RAID card. 

Thank you Wooden. 

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Make your own chain of Sata connectors. That way you can space it all with spacing you need it so theres no cable clutter.

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

Make your own chain of Sata connectors. That way you can space it all with spacing you need it so theres no cable clutter.

I honesty have no experience in doing so. otherwise I would. 

Should I really get an XFX power supply though, for a server? Doesn't seem all that reliable imo with the 4 stars and the reviews.. 

Should I really get an XFX power supply though, for a server? Doesn't seem all that reliable imo with the 4 stars and the reviews.. 

Watch the video I posted.

Watch the video I posted.

I need one pre-made, as I don't have time to custom make my cables because of school. I want to finish the build as fast as possible. 

I need one pre-made, as I don't have time to custom make my cables because of school. I want to finish the build as fast as possible. 

You could use these for that sata ports that are not built in to the power supply. http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Inch-Molex-to-Two-Dual-SATA-Power-Y-Adapter-Cable-Lot-of-5-/300776404106?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4607abb48a

4 stars is better than 2.... The XFX one is probably fine

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Planning to make a server with 6x3TB RED drives and an added 120GB Evo. 

Wondering if anyone knows a power supply that has 7 SATA power cables. 

Thanks

Is this a file server / home build nas running 24/7? then you can save your money for the ssd ;)

for 6 drives a solution like this is acceptable with a psu that has only 3 sata connectors ;)

815BJDA4hGL._SL1500_.jpg

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

4 stars is quite good. Those who are satisfied aren't nearly as loud as those who have problems.

XFX psus are good and come from seasonic. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.