Which one to get? iPhone 6s+ or Note 5?

themctipers
Go to solution Solved by themctipers,

@themctipers

Note 4 user here! Although I'm not a huge fan of the Note 5... I feel like Samsung really stopped caring about what a lot of customers wanted and basically tried to do a mock up of the iphone. 

That aside, it depends on what games you play! If you already have a lot of purchases in the app store, I'd suggest sticking with apple unless you don't care about spending more money on the apps you want to rebuy. Both are great phones and pretty similar. As far as hardware goes, the Note 5 takes it but Apple's os is really optimized for the phone and you won't see a huge difference outside of benchmarks.

With apple, you get a phone made for cool factor and socializing with an app store that takes precedence above others, so apps will almost always look/function better and be available sooner than android. You also get some nifty security and don't really have to worry about viruses. Above everything else, you can take it to an Apple store any time you have problems and they are everywhere. 

With Samsung/android, you are getting better internal hardware, you're getting an os that can be customized and feels more like a computer than a phone, you are less limited by the developers, you can download emulators for free (if you are into those types of games), you are getting a bigger screen, a sleeker looking phone, and an os that feels new and fresh and is something you haven't had with your iPhone. Oh, and you also get a cool stylus which I use frequently (but mostly because I do freelance art and draw up sketches for customers with it, super convenient)

Tl;dr apple = "cool", secure, app devs care about you more, apple stores are everywhere for troubleshooting

samsung = customization, new os, emulators, bigger screen, beefier hardware, something new

ps you might want to follow your own thread ;)

i am.. i already decided. iphone 6s+ because.... NO MICRO SD CARD :o

Im getting a new phone and I can't decide between the Note 5 and the iPhone 6s+. They are almost the same for the 6s+ its 600 upfront and $75/mo contract and for the note 5 its 620 upgront and $70/mo. This phone will basically be used for games. OS doesn't really matter because currently im using an iPhone 4 but im ok with switching to android.

Which one do you recommend?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Note 5.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Note 5

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

As a iphone 6+ owner I feel inclined to say iphone 6s+. For no other reason than its simplistic and the phone is nice and has premium feel, and is one hell of a step up from a iphone 4. 

But then there is itunes..... 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Im getting a new phone and I can't decide between the Note 5 and the iPhone 6s+. They are almost the same for the 6s+ its 600 upfront and $75/mo contract and for the note 5 its 620 upgront and $70/mo. This phone will basically be used for games. OS doesn't really matter because currently im using an iPhone 4 but im ok with switching to android.

Which one do you recommend?

Eww, mobile games.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

If you like Apple get the iPhone. If you like good phones, get the Note 5.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

mobile games wise, go for the iphone, the app store has a bigger collection.

for all-around the note 5 is definitely the coice plus you get that addicting clicky stylus

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Do you like iOS or Android? If you like iOS get the iPhone. If you like Android get the Note. Pretty self explanatory.

I have the note 5 and its an amazing phone but if youre main focus is gaming I have to give it to the iphone 6s+ it has better performance also force touch will be very helpful for the future of mobile gaming also apple tends to get games first (ew mobile gaming)

CPU i5-4690k Motherboard asrock h97-ac RAM 2x4 Crucial Sport GPU Msi 4g gtx 970 Case Silverstone sg13b-q Storage western digital scorpio black 500gb PSU csm 450w Display(s) acerh27hl bmid Cooling intel stock cooler Yeah I know right Keyboard I'd rather not say Mouse logitech g602 Sound beyerdynamic dt990pro Operating System windows 8.1

Do you really want Samsung, all the bloatware? Go for a nexus 6 (2014) still a great phone and the price has dropped quiet a bit.

Note 5.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

I just bought a Note 4 and it's awesome, especially the screen with its overkill resolution you can't even see the pixels, so I'd say go for the Note 5.

The iPhones are good phones I've tried an iPhone 6 and it was nice to use but for me they are too limited.

• 2 weeks later...

with android you have to be careful what you download and install unless you want annoying popup ads everywhere and apps showing up on your screen. I tried android twice and I gladly went back to jailbroken iphone. Android is much more customization but so can be the iphone if you jailbreak. Also android apps constantly want to access your contacts, messages or other stuff even though the app is only a game or something like that. Maybe apple does it as well without asking but I thought I was giving google way too many app permissions. oh and also most of the games are released first on iphone and then android. Iphone doesn't have as many variations an android phones so games and other apps with likely work much better on iphone. 

@themctipers

Note 4 user here! Although I'm not a huge fan of the Note 5... I feel like Samsung really stopped caring about what a lot of customers wanted and basically tried to do a mock up of the iphone. 

That aside, it depends on what games you play! If you already have a lot of purchases in the app store, I'd suggest sticking with apple unless you don't care about spending more money on the apps you want to rebuy. Both are great phones and pretty similar. As far as hardware goes, the Note 5 takes it but Apple's os is really optimized for the phone and you won't see a huge difference outside of benchmarks.

With apple, you get a phone made for cool factor and socializing with an app store that takes precedence above others, so apps will almost always look/function better and be available sooner than android. You also get some nifty security and don't really have to worry about viruses. Above everything else, you can take it to an Apple store any time you have problems and they are everywhere. 

With Samsung/android, you are getting better internal hardware, you're getting an os that can be customized and feels more like a computer than a phone, you are less limited by the developers, you can download emulators for free (if you are into those types of games), you are getting a bigger screen, a sleeker looking phone, and an os that feels new and fresh and is something you haven't had with your iPhone. Oh, and you also get a cool stylus which I use frequently (but mostly because I do freelance art and draw up sketches for customers with it, super convenient)

Tl;dr apple = "cool", secure, app devs care about you more, apple stores are everywhere for troubleshooting

samsung = customization, new os, emulators, bigger screen, beefier hardware, something new

@themctipers

i am.. i already decided. iphone 6s+ because.... NO MICRO SD CARD :o

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Aw best answer. TY <3

Hope you're happy with your sweet new phone!