Biggest Rip-off Ever?

waverider.jmart

So I was walking through Walmart earlier today.. And I saw something that caught my eye...

post-242731-14455551467319_thumb.png

This is a 2.5 GIGABYTE HARD DRIVE FOR $45 USD!!!!!!

WOW... It gets worse when you look closer.

"Was $85.96"

Is that crazy or what? Pretty sure it's NOT a tipo either, i think it's just a really outdated item, not sure why Walmart even has it on the shelf.

Anyone else seen anything like this? Share below because I thought this was hilarious.

J. Martin

I don't shop at stores anymore since amazon has been so nice to me. Plus there prices are better than any retail store normally.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I think its actualy a spinning drive

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So I was walking through Walmart earlier today.. And I saw something that caught my eye...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-10-22-19-05-28.png

"Was $85.96"

Is that crazy or what? Pretty sure it's NOT a tipo either, i think it's just a really outdated item, not sure why Walmart even has it on the shelf.

Anyone else seen anything like this? Share below because I thought this was hilarious.

J. Martin

It's in clearance... It's probably been in clearance for 5-7 years.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I think it's a super old product, and they just don't know what it's worth

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

waverider.jmart, on 22 Oct 2015 - 7:11 PM, said:

"Was $85.96"

J. Martin

It's not a Hard Drive...  It's Flash Storage... 

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

It's not a Hard Drive...  It's Flash Storage... 

Im betting its actualy a spinning drive in there

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Found it on amazon for  $49.99 (Link) and on Amazon UK for £9.99 (Link)

Your saying what I put here will be under my posts?

PC:Rosabell

I don't shop at stores anymore since amazon has been so nice to me. Plus there prices are better than any retail store normally.

If Best Buy has what you're looking for, go on Amazon, find what you want, get the price, and have them price match it. No waiting for shipping. 

"data transfer up to 480 Mbps" Thats why right there..

It's not a Hard Drive... It's Flash Storage...

To be honest I'm not sure it is, when I searched Amazon it said 3,600 rpm.

If Best Buy has what you're looking for, go on Amazon, find what you want, get the price, and have them price match it. No waiting for shipping. 

Except they never are in the same ball park as amazon in terms of price, at least from what I've seen, for example $80 dollar headphones at bestbuy, 13 dollars on amazon, but if the price matches you have a point.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

This legit made me laugh my ass off.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

waverider.jmart, on 22 Oct 2015 - 7:23 PM, said:

To be honest I'm not sure it is, when I searched Amazon it said 3,600 rpm.

what in the actual hell then... is it a .25" spinning disk?  What purpose would this have in life...

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

This legit made me laugh my ass off.

I'm glad you found this funny too. Imagine if someone doesn't know what they were doing and actually bought this thing...

I've seen some pretty ridiculous shit in the Walmart celearance section. For example, I saw a first or second gen iPod nano for like $100 last year, and a Gameboy Advance for like $70, when the DS had been out for a good few years.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Except they never are in the same ball park as amazon in terms of price, at least from what I've seen, for example $80 dollar headphones at bestbuy, 13 dollars on amazon, but if the price matches you have a point.

They match Amazon 

"Was $85.96"

J. Martin

c14.jpg @Wal*Mart :lol:

At this $/Gb 1tb HDD costs approx. $18000.

PCIE SSDs could go into six figures.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

The fact that it says "High capacity" makes me think that thing is quite old xD.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I'm glad you found this funny too. Imagine if someone doesn't know what they were doing and actually bought this thing...

im going to get flamed for this

but seagate sucks

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.