OEM GTX 760 New Cooler?

iHardware Shelden
Go to solution Solved by TheCaptain53,

That's my type of cooler, wont even be able to see it so if I have to ghetto rig the thing I will :P

Looks like you've found your cooler. The Twin Turbo II/III is pretty small and should fit a restricted case, or you have the Extreme IV, which is a beast. The latter is, obviously, more expensive.

So I'm getting a GTX 760 OEM from a friend and it uses a cheap OEM cooler that from what I can tell is worse then the reference. It is an ASUS branded card and appears to have the same mounting holes for the original cooler or that the GTX 760 normally uses.

I wanted to know, if any, what VGA cooler could I get for it or if it would even be possible to fine a broken 760 and take the cooler off it (which I have not had luck finding)

I'm on my phone right now so I can obtain the pictures of the card but if you google - Asus OEM GTX 760. (uses the same cooler the 660 uses)

Thanks!

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

So I'm getting a GTX 760 OEM from a friend and it uses a cheap OEM cooler that from what I can tell is worse then the reference. It is an ASUS branded card and appears to have the same mounting holes for the original cooler or that the GTX 760 normally uses.

I wanted to know, if any, what VGA cooler could I get for it or if it would even be possible to fine a broken 760 and take the cooler off it (which I have not had luck finding)

I'm on my phone right now so I can obtain the pictures of the card but if you google - Asus OEM GTX 760. (uses the same cooler the 660 uses)

Thanks!

Look at the Arctic Cooling Accelero line of coolers. They're pretty bulky, not to mention fucking hideous, but they perform well and should fit your card.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

So, this cooler?

Yep :D

Look at the Arctic Cooling Accelero line of coolers. They're pretty bulky, not to mention fucking hideous, but they perform well and should fit your card.

That's my type of cooler, wont even be able to see it so if I have to ghetto rig the thing I will :P

Looks like you've found your cooler. The Twin Turbo II/III is pretty small and should fit a restricted case, or you have the Extreme IV, which is a beast. The latter is, obviously, more expensive.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Would something like this work/would it be an improvement you think? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186053&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-VGA+Cooling-_-N82E16835186053&gclid=Cj0KEQjwkqKxBRCIrK_riNm13Z8BEiQAdzdVkKtYjWti91yVuD7chhTpCAhBjFr21VFPHRLS0XzmlswaAodT8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sorry, but I have no idea. I'm just speaking from general knowledge rather than experience. I personally wouldn't use them as they are ugly as hell.

Still, a single fan on a GPU to a slightly beefier single fan doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. I'd just go for the 2 or 3 fan cooler.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

Sorry, but I have no idea. I'm just speaking from general knowledge rather than experience. I personally wouldn't use them as they are ugly as hell.

Still, a single fan on a GPU to a slightly beefier single fan doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. I'd just go for the 2 or 3 fan cooler.

Alright cool, and your right they are ugly AF but I guess ill take the better cooling over looks :)