What do you guys think of Windows 10?

angrypig7

Hi, it's been a few months since windows 10 has been released and I'm not sure whether to upgrade or not.

I tried it on my laptop, but 7 feels more nicer than 10. Maybe because I'm used to 7, but I'm just wondering what other people think of windows 10.

I love it. I waited for a bit to get it on my desktop, and haven't had any issues so far other than a few program's UI not quite working right.

Hi, it's been a few months since windows 10 has been released and I'm not sure whether to upgrade or not.

I tried it on my laptop, but 7 feels more nicer than 10. Maybe because I'm used to 7, but I'm just wondering what other people think of windows 10.

Once you've modified some settings around (specifically some of the security settings) - you shouldn't notice much a difference. Also consider that it's constantly receiving updates to improve the performance. If you wanted incentive; there are over 110 million people running Windows 10 at the moment and most (almost all) reviews are positive 

I like it, but still having problems on my rig. Occasionally I'll get static in my audio and then my frame rate will drop, which leads me to believe it's related to the audio drivers or the OS itself.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I like it...except for all of the privacy issues. If there was a way I was sure I wasn't be spied on, I would definitely upgrade my Win7 Pro key. However, that and the "tie your key to your board" garbage prevents me from upgrading.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Almost as good as Windows 8.1.  :P

Which by the way, I liked a lot better than Windows 7.

|| Case: Corsair Graphite 230T || CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K || CPU Cooler: Corsair A50 || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE 3X || Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO ||

|| RAM: ADATA XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) || Storage: Seagate 600 SSD 240GB, WD Black 1TB || PSU: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition || OS: Windows 10 Pro || What's an optical drive? ||

I like Windows 10 too, it runs solid on both my desktop and laptop and haven't had a problem since the launch, i don't like the look of the taskbar but I just set it full transparent using Classic Shell [emoji14]

Deleted code is debugged code.

I like it so far. I did a clean install on my desktop and it has been very nice. 

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

Best Window yet.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I've tried it on an older laptop, and it's good, but at the same time it's not good enough that it's convinced me to reinstall my main rig right now.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

quite good except for the fact that some older games will not run on it (something about securom) and some apps not working properly , (like the games d/l from the windows app store )

I like it, besides all the privacy problems/concerns. I entirely disabled Windows Updates (re: the entire service) because I was tired of having them forced on me. I occasionally update it on my own.

Also their plans to remove the old control panel bothers me because I'm not too fond of the new one (too much stuff just nested in menus upon menus in expanded lists, etc.), but again, other than that, it's pretty nice.

(also AMD GPU / Chrome / Win10 has issues with hardware acceleration and refuses to draw extensions on the second monitor. Sucks.)

I like it, besides all the privacy problems/concerns. I entirely disabled Windows Updates (re: the entire service) because I was tired of having them forced on me. I occasionally update it on my own.

Also their plans to remove the old control panel bothers me because I'm not too fond of the new one (too much stuff just nested in menus upon menus in expanded lists, etc.), but again, other than that, it's pretty nice.

(also AMD GPU / Chrome / Win10 has issues with hardware acceleration and refuses to draw extensions on the second monitor. Sucks.)

I don't really have this problem and I'm running a r9 270x what GPU do you use?

I don't really have this problem and I'm running a r9 270x what GPU do you use?

2 7770s (not crossfired; mind you.) Works fine if both monitors are plugged into one GPU; but not if one is on each. Too small of an affected users group, so I doubt it'd be addressed. It's whatever, since I can just move it to my first monitor and get whatever I needed from the extension. (and I'm getting a new GPU soon, anyway)

2 7770s (not crossfired; mind you.) Works fine if both monitors are plugged into one GPU; but not if one is on each. Too small of an affected users group, so I doubt it'd be addressed. It's whatever, since I can just move it to my first monitor and get whatever I needed from the extension. (and I'm getting a new GPU soon, anyway)

What is the point (advantage) in running 2 gpus not in crossfire/sli?

Which one are you getting if i may ask?

I had some issues with games crashing, but now everything is working perfectly fine with Catalyst 15.7.1.

The only thing that I don't like in the UI are the white title bars.

So far I'm happy with it.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

What is the point (advantage) in running 2 gpus not in crossfire/sli?

Which one are you getting if i may ask?

Nothing, really. The games I play don't really care for crossfire; and they're not my cards. Friend is letting me use them since he won't. Probably getting a 390 or 970 depending on availability when I order it.

quite good except for the fact that some older games will not run on it (something about securom) and some apps not working properly , (like the games d/l from the windows app store )

What if you run any previous Windows in virtual machine ?

Windows 10 with StartIsBack++ is the bomb.

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

What if you run any previous Windows in virtual machine ?

that might work , i dont have any virtualazation software to try though 

Windows 10 i love it. 

too much info ...  :blink:

I probably won't install it until they get more things ironed out, but I don't think its bad.  Surely its better than windows 8.