Should i get a fury x now? or wait until Pascall?

crouchgod

Hi, my thoughts on my build are pretty much complete, but im stuck with one thing tho, should i get a fury x now or just buy an 390/390x until Pascall arrives?

Im also looking to get a 1440P monitor as fast as possible..

But on the other side im thinking its kind of a waste to get a 699 euro card when Pascall arrives within a few months?

So what do i get?

Fury x? 390/390x 980TI or buy an used 290/390 and wait until the next gen?

CPU - i7 5820k

MOBO - ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME

RAM - GeiL Ponteza 16GB 2133Hz SSD -

SSD - Kingston Savage 240GB 

CASE - Corsair 760T

Cooler - Corsair H110i GTX

FANS - x2 140mms x1 120m RED LED.

I would go with a 980ti; we don't really know when Pascal is coming (nvidia just says "in 2016", correct me if there's more recent announcements) and it'll drive a 1440p monitor pretty darn well.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Hi, my thoughts on my build are pretty much complete, but im stuck with one thing tho, should i get a fury x now or just buy an 390/390x until Pascall arrives?

Im also looking to get a 1440P monitor as fast as possible..

But on the other side im thinking its kind of a waste to get a 699 euro card when Pascall arrives within a few months?

So what do i get?

Fury x? 390/390x 980TI or buy an used 290/390 and wait until the next gen?

CPU - i7 5820k

MOBO - ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME

RAM - GeiL Ponteza 16GB 2133Hz SSD -

SSD - Kingston Savage 240GB 

CASE - Corsair 760T

Cooler - Corsair H110i GTX

FANS - x2 140mms x1 120m RED LED.

pascal

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Go with the 980ti, it's easily the best single GPU on the market right now and when Pascal drops next year you can pick up another for probably about half price used on Ebay.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

get a 980 ti or wait, but remeber if you always want to wait youll always be waiting

I would go with a 980ti; we don't really know when Pascal is coming (nvidia just says "in 2016", correct me if there's more recent announcements) and it'll drive a 1440p monitor pretty darn well.

Didnt i hear Q1?

pascal

get a 980 ti or wait, but remeber if you always want to wait youll always be waiting

Yeah, kinda true. i heard they were coming Q1, probably false.

Go with the 980ti, it's easily the best single GPU on the market right now and when Pascal drops next year you can pick up another for probably about half price used on Ebay.

Fury x or the 980TI?

Im bit of a fan of the fury x.

Didnt i hear Q1?

With further investigation, Q1 is the earliest it could be and Q2 is more realistic; keep in mind that not all the cards in pascal will be out then - the 980ti was launched well after the 970 and 980 were.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

im personally waiting for pascal, PCIe 4.0 and for the AIC SSDs to come down in price a lil bit... and then im pretty much going to rebuild my entire system...

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

im personally waiting for pascal, PCIe 4.0 and for the AIC SSDs to come down in price a lil bit... and then im pretty much going to rebuild my entire system...

What will PCIe 4.0 bring to the table?

and when is it coming out?

With further investigation, Q1 is the earliest it could be and Q2 is more realistic; keep in mind that not all the cards in pascal will be out then - the 980ti was launched well after the 970 and 980 were.

Isnt that far off anymore..

probably going with the fury x then.

if your just going to be gaming then go with the FuryX but if your gonna be computing or crunching numbers wait till pascal some people anticipate pascal to much when all they will be doing is gaming at 1080 when it would be a waste 

well my PC is still a beast so there is no reason to upgrade anything right now... (the AIC SSD is really the only thing i want) but in a year or two i will more then likely want to upgrade my PC and by that time all this new stuff there are coming out with will already be out so there is no reason for me not to just save up and buy a completely new build with what will be all current gen hardware...

just realized i didnt answer your question lol... here you go though...

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/pci-express-4-0-with-16gts-data-rates-and-new-connector-to-be-finalized-by-2017/

Yeah, kinda true. i heard they were coming Q1, probably false.

Fury x or the 980TI?

Im bit of a fan of the fury x.

Get a fury x man. They are sweet.

I'm running a 1440p off of mine and its pretty awesome.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Get a 390 or equivalent as stopgap for next gen.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Didnt i hear Q1?

Q3 is the only specific mentioned a few months ago

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Guy asked to wait for Pascal or Fury so why do you try to get him to not get a Fury or wait for Pascal?