Can my system work properly without a GPU?

Zefues

The CPU is an i3-4330 and the motherboard is a MSI B85l Mini ITX

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

it does have on board graphics,... just dont expect to game with them much 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

it does have on board graphics,... just dont expect to game with them much 

But, I can program and use word on it, right?

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

yep it has display port and dvi input so as long as you can use one of those youre good

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Zefues, on 20 Oct 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

Why wouldn't it work?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

yep it has display port and dvi input so as long as you can use one of those youre good

Last question, can I browse the internet on it?

Why wouldn't it work?

My friend thinks he knows it all and we betted. Let's say tomorrow i'll be 20 bucks richer.

Yes it will function like a regular PC

You only need a GPU if you intend to game or run graphics intensive programs

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You can browse internet, watch videos and even play minecraft!

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Yup. And again, a dedicated GPU would only make it better in some scenarios, like games, but is in no way crucial.

Zefues, on 20 Oct 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:Zefues, on 20 Oct 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

My friend thinks he knows it all and we betted. Let's say tomorrow i'll be 20 bucks richer.

Okay, a PC HAS to have a GPU to display ANYTHING at all.  Otherwise computers are just 1960's machines with buttons and lights that tell you when something is right or wrong (much like in a car today, the computer checks the oxygen sensor and turns the check engine light on if it isn't within tolerance.)  Thus the computer in the car works without any question.

So your friend is right and you are right.  A computer CAN work without any GPU, but a computer can not display anything without a GPU.

Here is the situation, your setup, the MSI motherboard and the Intel Core i3, HAS a GPU.  Although it doesn't have storage and or RAM and other components.  The GPU you have is integrated on the Intel i3.  But none the less it is A FULL GPU.  It is not a Video Card though.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

your system "yes"

- - - - 

can a system work without a gpu (or igpu) ?  :ph34r:

"nop"  :blush:

but is soo "rare" this days find a system without one  ^_^

all cpu are apus this days (and yes this include intel)  :lol:

and (almost) all old motherboards have a igpu inside  :rolleyes: