Slow PC, BSOD, and "internal hard disk not found" strikes back.

Nova Spartan

I had an issue awhile back that I posted on the forums a few months ago that eventually resolved itself through an odd solution. My PC had been acting slow, often would crash with the BSOD and would then say that the hard drive couldn't be find when I tried to reboot the PC. Most of the responses implied it was the HDD dying, however, after awhile I removed the Hard Drive and put it back in the PC and the issue was gone for a good month or two. It returned a little while ago and that same solution wasn't working, so I assumed that the Hard Drive was in fact the issue so I replaced it with a new SSD. It turns out, it wasn't an issue with the Hard Drive, i'm still having the same issue.

At this point, i'm at a loss. The constant blue screens, the PC freezing up and then sometimes not even being able to start it due to the issue is driving me insane.

Here are the specs:

Alienware X51 Desktop

Windows 10 64-bit

Windows 7 was originally installed.

I've had the PC for about 3 years.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz

Video Card: 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti (Gigabyte)

Motherboard: Alienware 08PG26

I'm also using an External Hardrive for games and such.

OneDrive link to Perfmon Files:  https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DACF9705A8C6D8A6!565&authkey=!AMSt8AFT1ZTiKHI&ithint=folder%2czip

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm usually greeted with the error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" on the BSOD.

The biggest help here would be the exact message that comes up when your PC BSODs. 

For instance, almost a year and a half ago my PC constantly blue screened and it was because my SSD's drivers weren't updated properly (watchdog error I believe?)

//ccap

The biggest help here would be the exact message that comes up when your PC BSODs. 

For instance, almost a year and a half ago my PC constantly blue screened and it was because my SSD's drivers weren't updated properly (watchdog error I believe?)

Oh, yeah that may help. Sorry about that. It usually says "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" or something along the lines of that, I believe.

next time you bsod can you write down exactly what it said please

Oh, yeah that may help. Sorry about that. It usually says "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" or something along the lines of that, I believe.

I don't remember the exact rules about referencing other forums here, so instead of directly linking you to said forum, I'm just going to quote the user.

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurs when a process needed for the operating to run properly, well, dies. Processes are like programs, but multiple processes can be used by a single program- and processes directly interact with your processor, hence their name. The bad thing about this error is that it could be just about anything critical to the operation of your computer: namely, your hard drive, your memory, or, if you’re especially unfortunate, your processor.

try to enter in safe mode

Restart your PC.

Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.

Click See Advanced Repair Options.

Click Troubleshoot.

Click Advanced Options.

Click Windows Startup Settings.

Click Restart.

You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode 

Once you do get into safe mode, be sure to check all of your drivers for issues. To do that, press Windows Key + X and click Device Manager, and from that menu, get Windows to check all of your devices for updates. If driver updates are available, install them. Be sure to remove any programs you installed when this started, and if, even after this, you encounter the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, then it’s time for you to do a full operating system re-install.

Select any one option

The first option is a clean installation. You will lose all your data, but this is almost completely guaranteed to fix your problem. Press Windows Key + I, click Change PC Settings, click General, and click Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows.

The second option is a System Refresh. You will not lose your data, but your base operating system will still be re-installed. This is less likely to fix your problem, but may still work. To do this, follow the same instructions up until General — and select Refresh Your PC Without Affecting Your Files.

-Gaming God

(Lots of lines, so I put it in a spoiler)

Frankly if you want to find said forum and thank the user stated above, a quick google search should pop up his name, so you can thank him properly. :)

Nevertheless, this should fix your problem, however if for some reason the aforementioned steps don't fix it, then post back here with what worked/what didn't.

Good luck!

//ccap