How do I watch Blurays on my 21:9 3440x1440 monitor fullscreen?

I'm really struggling to find a solution to this.

I just bought a new Acer XR341CK and am really dissappointed as all of my blu-rays playing through Cyberlink PowerDVD playback letterboxed and pillarboxed.

Does anyone know how to play these fullscreen? It was my main reasoning for buying this monitor in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

I'm really struggling to find a solution to this.

I just bought a new Acer XR341CK and am really dissappointed as all of my blu-rays playing through Cyberlink PowerDVD playback letterboxed and pillarboxed.

Does anyone know how to play these fullscreen? It was my main reasoning for buying this monitor in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

Can you change the aspect ratio? I know you can on VLC etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You should be able to right click and go full screen. Also, there should be an icon down near the right of the screen to do the same thing, I think.

That said... will you get rid of the letterboxing? Not likely. Your 21:9 will give you the largest screen size per rez that there is but it won't stop the black bars. Why? Because it's up to the *movie* aspect ratio. There are only a very few movies that use the complete screen, something like Lawrence of Arabia. All the rest are all over the place. You will generally fit vertically and have the horizontal go out. Yes, you can get it stretched which a lot of TVs do, but it looks crappy.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

I've checked and there's some boxes that are blank, apparently Blu-rays block zoomed or cropped playback.

Someone I found on google made a program that can zoom it but it's made for 2560x1080 screens and doesn't remove the bottom black bar.

VLC works fine but can't play blu-rays

XCqWHf9.jpg

try MPC with klite codec & use madvr direct show video decoder , if all else fail , within MPC crank up the frames edges manually using the numberkeys  2,8,4,6 & reset using 5..

Details separate people.

VLC works fine but can't play blu-rays

I think there are ways to make it work

http://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

In CyberLink, right click the video, press "Aspect Ratio" and choose the option for 2.35:1. 

In CyberLink, right click the video, press "Aspect Ratio" and choose the option for 2.35:1. 

As you can see in the picture it's greyed out for blu-rays

You should be able to right click and go full screen. Also, there should be an icon down near the right of the screen to do the same thing, I think.

That said... will you get rid of the letterboxing? Not likely. Your 21:9 will give you the largest screen size per rez that there is but it won't stop the black bars. Why? Because it's up to the *movie* aspect ratio. There are only a very few movies that use the complete screen, something like Lawrence of Arabia. All the rest are all over the place. You will generally fit vertically and have the horizontal go out. Yes, you can get it stretched which a lot of TVs do, but it looks crappy.

Lots of movies are filmed in 2:35:1 and 2:40:1, The Simpsons Movie and Furious 7 being decent examples.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

As you can see in the picture it's greyed out for blu-rays

Un-check "Keep Aspect Ratio" and see if that unlocks the other options.

Ok after hours of searching I found a way to do it that's not written anywhere on the internet so I thought I'd answer my own question for the next person who looks.

The only way I could watch my Mad Max Blu-ray fullscreen with black window box bars on my 3440x1440 monitor is with a free blu-ray program called "Leawo Blu-ray Player".

To do so isn't very clear so I'll say how here.

- Open your Blu-ray in Leawo Blu-ray player normally and click on the menu arrow in the top right corner.

- Click on the "Playback" drop down menu > "Playback settings" > "Videos..."

- Under "View Mode" click on the drop down menu and select "Zoom"

Here's some pictures detailing how: http://imgur.com/a/0W69p

This is the only solution I could find for modern Blu-rays so I hope it comes in handy for the next person to purchase a 3440x1440 monitor.