What is you favorite Pokemon?

zxcvbnmmssdh

Scyther.
So badasss.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Magikarp

hi

suicune

charzard

kabutops 

zoroarch 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Onyx 

I don't know why tho... i just like onyx so much :P

Interested in Business and Technology

Shiny Charizard all the way

Charizard-charizard-29877254-500-500.png

I could have sworn Blaziken was black when he was shiny too, along with all fire starters.  But he is not. I was lied too. D:

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I could have sworn Blaziken was black when he was shiny too, along with all fire starters.  But he is not. I was lied too. D:

He's not first gen so he's not a real pokemon anyway, don't worry about it.

I'd say Probably Typholsion

CPU: Intel i5 2310 Mobo: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: MSI 760 Twin Frozr 4GB RAM: 8GB ADATA XPG Gaming Series 

Storage: OCZ Aglility 3 120 GB SSD, 2 250GB Segate HDDs Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 PSU: Antec NEO ECO 520W

Hahaha, I can understand that attitude. 

However, based on how they were made, I consider Generations 1-3 to be true Pokemon games. The original team worked in Generations 1 and 2, but the team changed some for 3 and then completely new people started working on it for 4 and onward. The guy who actually owns the Pokemon license was a part of the team generations 1-3, but now all he basically does is look at the list of new pokemon and go "Sure, they are pokemon, now make me money." Rather than designing them himself like he did Generations 1-3. 

I could be wrong, but I feel 4 is where it just went to a point that I do not want to touch. :|

Whereas, Black and White is where I would personally start playing the Pokemon games again if I had the time and money to buy them. Simply because it is like they started making crappy pokemon but started adding a good/compelling story rather than the same one over and over. Which, I love story, so I would be interested in that, even if the pokemon were utterly stupid (Trash bag? Chandelier? Lolno).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hahaha, I can understand that attitude. 

However, based on how they were made, I consider Generations 1-3 to be true Pokemon games. The original team worked in Generations 1 and 2, but the team changed some for 3 and then completely new people started working on it for 4 and onward. The guy who actually owns the Pokemon license was a part of the team generations 1-3, but now all he basically does is look at the list of new pokemon and go "Sure, they are pokemon, now make me money." Rather than designing them himself like he did Generations 1-3. 

I could be wrong, but I feel 4 is where it just went to a point that I do not want to touch. :|

That makes so much sense know.... I like gens 2 and 3 as well but the more recent gens I was taken aback at the style of them. But now I know who to shake my fist at angrily in the air and damn to hell the next time a new pokemon game gets released. Seriously, who thought this was ever a good idea?tumblr_m531s9Th8n1qkt6l9.jpg

That makes so much sense know.... I like gens 2 and 3 as well but the more recent gens I was taken aback at the style of them. But now I know who to shake my fist at angrily in the air and damn to hell the next time a new pokemon game gets released. Seriously, who thought this was ever a good idea?tumblr_m531s9Th8n1qkt6l9.jpg

People's usual reply to that is "Well, why are Muk and Grimer ok then?"

Simple answer is because they did not look retarded and they made sense. 

Simply put, the reason the original pokemon were awesome is because they sort of followed a line of thought towards their design. For example, Charizard looked like a dragon, and basically was one. Yes, there were dragon pokemon, but they were veeery rare. Venusaur looked like a dinosaur (thus, saur as the end of his name) and had a cannon on his back (solar beam) along with Blastoise who also had the cannon and looked like an awesome tank thing. 

All of that is awesome. In every sense of the word. Cannons, dragons, and dinosaurs are awesome. They also play on actual animals that live in our world. Charmander = lizard, bulbasuar = dinosaur, and squirtle = turtle. 

Pokemon from generation 1 that were not based on an animal from our world was based on something else from it that was equally dangerous but cool. Magnemite, Voltorb, and Grimer come to mind. Magnets, Electricity, and Sludge/pollution/poison. All three of those help in battle and are awesome things to fight with. Trash is not dangerous in our eyes (though it is to an extent) and does not inspire "battle confidence". Just... no. "I am going to strangle you with this trash bag." Ugh.

When it comes to the newer pokemon generations, the "dinosaur" pokemon look "derpy" at best. No I do not want something that looks that way on my team. As for starters, A fire pig just makes me think of Bacon. Yes, bacon is delicious and awesome, but for fighting, it is stupid. Torterra is the only good starter from the new games imo just because it follows the same line as Blastoise but with rock/grass.

Maybe I am just wearing rose-colored glasses in regards to nostalgia, but to me, the old are far better than the new. They simply are. And the reason I like many pokemon from the 3rd generation is because they are combinations of us (humans) and the idea of pokemon (animals with awesome power). Blaziken (chicken + Fighter) and Gardevoir (psychic/intelligent woman) are examples of this. Hariyama, and Meditite.

As for the sillier ones, they are usually accompanied by flavor text from the pokedex. Absol bringing destruction where he goes, the Chandelier pokemon stealing human souls (it is true), and other things like that are usually the reason they would be cool to have and that is the only reason I would own the Chandelier pokemon. Because that flavor text is awesome.

† Christian Member †

People's usual reply to that is "Well, why are Muck and Grimer ok then?"

Simple answer is because they did not look retarded and they made sense. 

Simply put, the reason the original pokemon were awesome is because they sort of followed a line of thought towards their design. For example, Charizard looked like a dragon, and basically was one. Yes, there were dragon pokemon, but they were veeery rare. Venusaur looked like a dinosaur (thus, saur as the end of his name) and had a cannon on his back (solar beam) along with Blastoise who also had the cannon and looked like an awesome tank thing. 

All of that is awesome. In every sense of the word. Cannons, dragons, and dinosaurs are awesome. They also play on actual animals that live in our world. Charmander = lizard, bulbasuar = dinosaur, and squirtle = turtle. 

Pokemon from generation 1 that was not based on an animal from our world was based on something else from it that was equally dangerous but cool. Magnemite, Voltorb, and Grimer come to mind. Magnets, Electricity, and Sludge/pollution/poison. Trash is not dangerous in our eyes (though it is to an extent) and does not inspire "battle confidence". Just... no.

When it comes to the newer pokemon generations, the "dinosaur" pokemon look "derpy" at best. No I do not want something that looks that way on my team. As for starters, A fire pig just makes me think of Bacon. Yes, bacon is delicious and awesome, but for fighting, it is stupid. Torterra is the only good starter from the new games imo just because it follows the same line as Blastoise but with rock/grass.

Maybe I am just wearing rose-colored glasses in regards to nostalgia, but to me, the old are far better than the new. They simply are. And the reason I like many pokemon from the 3rd generation is because they are combinations of us (humans) and the idea of pokemon (animals with awesome power). Blaziken (chicken + Fighter) and Gardevoir (psychic/intelligent woman) are examples of this. 

agreed

Gen 1-3 were all real pokemon. Further than that, then no.

BhQxPa7.jpg

AToE8eO.jpg

So badass

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Gen 1-3 were all real pokemon. Further than that, then no.

Gen 4 had some really awesome Pokemon and so does gen 5.

Nostalgia glasses. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Nostalgia glasses. 

I played through them all, its not like I stopped. It's true, after generation 3 the quality of the pokemon dropped severely. 

The design and "good idea" is strong with this one 

bpR2aIi.jpg

Nostalgia glasses. 

It is more of a percentage thing. I would say almost all pokemon from Gen 1 and 2 were awesome while 75-85% from 3 were. It went down hill very rapidly after that. To like 40% then 20% and so on. 

1-10 good pokemon does not save an entire generation in my eyes. 

† Christian Member †