ANy good graphics tablets for around £50 or less?

Anubikai

I need a relatively large graphics tablet with a pen that has like 2-3 buttons that can be used in adobe products, pressure sensitivity.....the tablet i used in college had 1024 presure sensitive tablet which was fairly nice,, is higher better on tablets or worse or does it come down to rpeference. Thats about it, i heard about monoprice tablets which seem fairly good but are they well built? ill updatethis thread with moer info in a while but any help is really appreciated....thanks

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

I dont think so

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

There are some cheap wacoms out there in the bamboo line. They are not too bad. The cheaper ones have 2 buttons on the pen that you can set to anything. The more you pay the bigger they get.

Not sure what they sell for where you are, but as mentioned before, the Wacom Bamboos are just about the only reasonable low-price graphics tablets.

Cheers,

Linus

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

Have never encountered those brands before, so I cannot compare them to the Wacom. But the Monoprice ones seems quite horrible, while the last one at least seems to be of decent quality - Keep in mind that a bigger graphics tablet isn't always better, if you are new to it I would actually recommend something smaller.

Cheers,

Linus

Have never encountered those brands before, so I cannot compare them to the Wacom. But the Monoprice ones seems quite horrible, while the last one at least seems to be of decent quality - Keep in mind that a bigger graphics tablet isn't always better, if you are new to it I would actually recommend something smaller.

im not at all new....ive been using a wacom tablet for the past 2 years in my Graphics course at college and im pretty damn good at it,......"he managed to get the hang of it after a week whilst other students haven't even after a month  and can now draw fluently and efficiently in Photoshop and many other art programmes...." little quote from my reference done by my teacher XD lol but yeah. Ive used them for a long time.....im not tryna get something large just something like 20x15cm, that should be fine right?

-Anubikai

yeah it does look like the best option...i dont car for button on the actual tablet, just on the pen i would need two.....its what im used to....i guess ill be getting this one...thanks fr the help guys, oh btw the graphics tablet link iun your post works with windows right(im guessing it does, just want some confirmation), the specification shows mac osx

-Anubikai

ah, i just realised the pen doesnt have an eraser on the back of it....i cant get that tablet....

-Anubikai

You should really not base your purchase on the fact that the pen does or does not have a dedicated eraser (it's just one button to switch between, say, a brush or the eraser).

Since you ARE used to working on Wacom tablets, you should really buy a Wacom tablet, the quality and sensitivity might look similar on paper for other tablets, but in reality there's a big reason why Wacom is the single go-to manufacturer for both professional and semi-professional users - Their products are by and large the only graphics tablets that work well. The other brands can be great if you have nothing to compare them to, but you will most likely be greatly disappointed seeing how they simply do not stack up to your previous experience.

If you really need that eraser, take a look at for example http://www.wacom.com/gb/en/creative/bamboo-manga

Cheers,

Linus

You should really not base your purchase on the fact that the pen does or does not have a dedicated eraser (it's just one button to switch between, say, a brush or the eraser).

Since you ARE used to working on Wacom tablets, you should really buy a Wacom tablet, the quality and sensitivity might look similar on paper for other tablets, but in reality there's a big reason why Wacom is the single go-to manufacturer for both professional and semi-professional users - Their products are by and large the only graphics tablets that work well. The other brands can be great if you have nothing to compare them to, but you will most likely be greatly disappointed seeing how they simply do not stack up to your previous experience.

If you really need that eraser, take a look at for example http://www.wacom.com/gb/en/creative/bamboo-manga

yeah i guess your right, iit comes to ease of use really. More convenient for me to flip my pen over than select it form the menu or keyboard shortcut......i think the bamboo manga looks good.Ill either get that or the one fabulousotter suggested...thakns for the help guys

-Anubikai