Hot deals Subforum

ArneD

Hi, I've grown to really love this forum and I really like the hot deals subcategory but it's just all over the place.. [emoji12] Is there any way we could get more subforums within the Hot deals subforum? Maybe like a Worldwide category, Germany, Netherlands, France... Because I'd like to find good deals for where I live (Belgium) and not see how you guys in the US get all these great deals [emoji12]

I agree and some people have recommended it here already:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/314050-forum-features-suggestions/

But it would be too hard and would separate everything too much is the usual response..

I really do believe there should be sections for the different continents at least. But people should always add what country it is in the title (like [NL], [bE], [uS], etc.)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's just that I don't want to miss out on good deals so I'm subscribed to the subforum on my phone and I keep getting deals for other countries...

People should just put the region of where the deal is located.

[EU] Bad-ass mouse for $30 < Sort of like that.

But people should always add what country it is in the title (like [NL], [bE], [uS], etc.)

People should just put the region of where the deal is located.

[EU] Bad-ass mouse for $30 < Sort of like that.

This should be a rule.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

This should be a rule.

It is though (at least a guideline)

Some basic guidelines that would be nice to see people follow:

- Please include the location as a prefix in the title. For example -  {CAN}, {US}, {AU}, [CA,US], [EU], etc...

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Suggested before, guidelined, people still don't follow. And at this point there's no way to enforce it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'll see if we can make it a requirement, rather than just a "guideline."

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'll see if we can make it a requirement, rather than just a "guideline."

Make it so that you can't post a new thread without specifying what region the deal is available.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Make it so that you can't post a new thread without specifying what region the deal is available.

programmably, that might be more work than it's worth

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

programmably, that might be more work than it's worth

Idk. Isn't this forum using squarespace? Lol

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 

lol I despite what LMG might want everyone to think, I'm pretty sure this is a pre-built forum website template that they've tweaked to their own needs but not made any real major changes to

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

lol I despite what LMG might want everyone to think, I'm pretty sure this is a pre-built forum website template that they've tweaked to their own needs but not made any real major changes to

The forum uses IP Board

It states in the bottom right hand corner that it uses IP Board.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The forum uses IP Board

There we go, that's what I figured

We'll you don't see it when on mobile.

Two most common myths related to forum.

1. Its hosted on SquareSpace. BUSTED. Uses IPB3.

2. Hosted at new LMG office. BUSTED. Uses dedicated server somewhere in US.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Another thing most people havent noticed is the CoC link in the corner. Should have a nyan cat gif next to it. Or a cookie.

Another thing most people havent noticed is the CoC link in the corner. Should have a nyan cat gif next to it. Or a cookie.

There should be a test/survey you can fill out on the CoC, and if you do well (proving you've actually read it) you get a sticker by your name.  Or, maybe you have an "untrained" sticker or something like that until you pass