Unable to post on new Mobo

The-Old

I'm having trouble getting my new mobo to post. I've got everything seated correctly (checked, double checked, tripple checked). The board has power and everything lights up but no video will show up. I've tried my onboard video and my card to no avail. Would love some help. Only new things are the mobo and processer the rest have been carried over from the old system so I know they work. I'm wondering if the mobo is bad or if it's the ram not being low voltage. I'm not getting an error beeps on boot up or anything just a blank screen like it's not even reading there's a video cable attached.

System:

CPU - I-7 6600k skylake

mobo - ASUS Z170M-E d3

Ram - G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 1.5v 16gigs total (dropped to single stick up to 4 sticks to make sure that wasnt issue)

Graphics - MSI 970GTX 4gig

Not sure what other info you'll need.

Thanks

Isnt Skylake DDR4 RAM?

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Skylake supports both. So it shouldnt be a problem.

Skylake supports both. So it shouldnt be a problem.

no!! ddr3 doesn't even fit in the slot, and skylake only supports DDR4 and DDR3L so no DDR3 on the desktop!

http://ark.intel.com/products/88191/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz

scroll down to memory

Isnt Skylake DDR4 RAM?

That board supports DDR3 only.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

no!! ddr3 doesn't even fit in the slot, and skylake only supports DDR4 and DDR3L so no DDR3 on the desktop!

It supports it.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

What The offical Czex said, so why wont it post.

Isnt Skylake DDR4 RAM?

http://ark.intel.com/products/88191/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz

scroll down to memory

Do more research before assuming: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170M-E-D3/

What The offical Czex said, so why wont it post.

Try a different cable. HDMI, VGA, DVI, DVI-D, whatever you can use to see if it's a faulty output or cable.

but intel's official site says you can only use DDR4 or DDR3L???

Nope. DDR3 and DDR3L run on the same interface type, just a different slot. It will be compatible.

cable isn't faulty, been using it on the old build so i know that works as well. As well as tested that across multipe moniters

strange...

My guess is that Intel just wants everyone to move on from DDR3, so they only list compatibility with DDR3L and DDR4 to make it easier for RAM compatibility in the future.

but intel's official site says you can only use DDR4 or DDR3L???

They wouldn't have created the board if DDR3 didn't work with it.

cable isn't faulty, been using it on the old build so i know that works as well. As well as tested that across multipe moniters

Have you tried the same monitor but on a different rig just to see if the monitor is somehow faulty?

They wouldn't have created the board if DDR3 didn't work with it.

Exactly and ASUS site says that it's compatible so that shouldn't be the issue. The only other thing that I can think of is that the cpu isnt seated correctly. It's the only thing that I haven't reseated since I've got the AIO cooler on it.

Have you tried the same monitor but on a different rig just to see if the monitor is somehow faulty?

Using that monitor now to reply to here.

Using that monitor now to reply to here.

Exactly and ASUS site says that it's compatible so that shouldn't be the issue. The only other thing that I can think of is that the cpu isnt seated correctly. It's the only thing that I haven't reseated since I've got the AIO cooler on it.

Reseat the CPU? Check for bent pins? etc...?

I'm seeing a lot of doa Asus z170 series boards because of memory. 

Double check tension on cpu cooler as some boards are sensitive to over tightening of the cpu cooler which effects the memory bus (apparently).

Try if possible some different RAM or use 1 stick in each slot until you have cycled through all of the RAM individually.

Try speaking with  Vendor for DOA or Asus for RMA. 

Just reseated the CPU, and cycled ram sticks. No dice. I know the board is getting power since all the fans are turning on. I'm gonna RMA it and see what happens. Either that or just return it and go with a DDR4 build and upgrade that stuff as well.

Just reseated the CPU, and cycled ram sticks. No dice. I know the board is getting power since all the fans are turning on. I'm gonna RMA it and see what happens. Either that or just return it and go with a DDR4 build and upgrade that stuff as well.

Good luck! Sorry we couldn't find a solution.