New Halo 5 launch gameplay trailer, featuring music by Muse!

TopWargamer

From the start of the video, the trailer was pretty freaking cool already, and then they started playing Knights of Sidonia, and I was like:

98ac87b242.gif

COMIC SANS

Not a fan.

Part of the thing that set action sequences apart in halo was the massively impacting orchestral music, or heart pounding metal. Not mediocre hipster diet rock.

And this was just clipped together gameplay, not even the official trailer. Soundtrack is 10000X times better than that shitty diet rock they are using now.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Just gonna place an order on Amazon... Don't mind me...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Nice, but I maintain that the best Halo theme was from Halo 3 (actually that's one of my fave themes in all of gaming :D)

EDIT: My jam :)

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Not a fan.

Part of the thing that set action sequences apart in halo was the massively impacting orchestral music, or heart pounding metal. Not mediocre hipster diet rock.

It's a trailer. There's no way that Muse is gonna be in the actual game. Plus 343i isn't stupid enough to mix the music around from past Halo games. The fans love Halo music. They won't get rid of it. Here, listen to the Halo 5 menu theme:

(As a side note, Muse is amazing. I'm sorry that our music tastes differ.)

COMIC SANS

Just gonna place an order on Amazon... Don't mind me...

Better be getting that limited edition boi. I know I am!

COMIC SANS

Better be getting that limited edition boi. I know I am!

I made the mistake of getting the Halo 4 Limited edition, I was underwhelmed from the lack of physical content. 

And not getting all the DLC's with the season pass...

The real question is do I get the dig bick collector's edition...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

It's a trailer. There's no way that Muse is gonna be in the actual game. Plus 343i isn't stupid enough to mix the music around from past Halo games. The fans love Halo music. They won't get rid of it. Here, listen to the Halo 5 menu theme:

(As a side note, Muse is amazing. I'm sorry that our music tastes differ.)

I know, was saying im not a fan of the trailer. The music when it starts out, starts out fine. I actually liked it until they started the actual music, not just vocals. Then once the music actually starts it falls flat on its face, it has no impact, no resounding vibrancy with the scene taking place. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Nice, but I maintain that the best Halo theme was from Halo 3 (actually that's one of my fave themes in all of gaming :D)

EDIT: My jam :)

All of the Halo games have awesome music and the menu themes are some of the most iconic on gaming history.

Personally, I'm a Halo 3: ODST fan. LOVE the menu theme so much and it's easily my favorite Halo OST. It just sounds so mysterious, and lovely, and it really fits the game perfectly.

My favorite is easily Skyline though.

Also, check out this website. It loops the Halo menu themes. If you want to switch themes, just click on the screen and choose the game.

http://halome.nu/

COMIC SANS

I made the mistake of getting the Halo 4 Limited edition, I was underwhelmed from the lack of physical content. 

And not getting all the DLC's with the season pass...

The real question is do I get the dig bick collector's edition...

$250 is a bit much for the Collector's Edition.... But I know if I had the money I would get it.

>_>

COMIC SANS

I'm personally extremely excited for Halo 5. The one thing that shocks me is that this will be the first Halo fps games that's rated T. Is the flood non-existent, T rating for Halo 5? Halo Wars sucked dick, so that doesn't count. Halo 5's multiplayer looks awesome, although that silly mode where there's A.I. amongst the players looks like a shit show.

I really liked Halo Wars. Campaign was alright, but the multiplayer was pretty good IMO.

As for Halo being rated T for Teen, that doesn't bother me at all. Halo really should have been T for Teen game since Halo: CE. As for the Flood, it was nice to get a break from them in Halo 4, but tbh I kinda miss them.

COMIC SANS

Not a fan.

And this was just clipped together gameplay, not even the official trailer. Soundtrack is 10000X times better than that shitty diet rock they are using now.

The epic moments in Halo 2 brought to you by Breaking Benjamin and Incubus must've skipped your mind.

edit* ok maybe Breaking Benjamin, but the 'movements of the odyssey' were definitely not metal.

Walking into that sanctum with a fully loaded fuel rod cannon as Elites & Brutes are fighting eachother and blowing the living hell out of everyone whilst Blow Me Away blasted was easily one of the most kickass moments in Halo 2.

Other thoughts: I can't help but absolutely hate all these new Spartans and their pansy bullsh*t training. I hope the flood comes back and wipes them all out because they weren't brought up or trained to fight for the sake of all life in the galaxy like Chief was. 

I guess the fact that Halo 4 pretty much began and ended a whole major conflict left a bitter taste in my mouth. Where as 1-3 took their time with (mostly) the same plot throughout.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Still think KI is the reason to get an XB1 but this game doesn't hurt.

Just ordered the halo 5 themed xbox one!

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers