I just saw this....

Epiceleon

Yes, a CX is perfectly fine for the basic gamer or office PC that will have no overclocking, stress testing, and parts that do not fet very hot.

Well I have a EVGA 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0 that runs at 72C under load, an i7 3770k, and 16GB of RAM. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

I only recommend psu's that have a build quality 8.5 or higher, usually 9 or higher and have no other glaring issues, cx doesn't make that cut for build quality

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Well I have a EVGA 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0 that runs at 72C under load, an i7 3770k, and 16GB of RAM. 

Yes, a CX is perfectly fine for the basic gamer or office PC that will have no overclocking, stress testing, and parts that do not fet very hot.

if it had a diamond efficiency hell yeahs I'd buy it

there are better and even corsair them selves said that thay should only be used in office pc's nothing else yet no one gives a damn what the company who sells them says

no not always i recommend good psu's that fit the budget of the person, if i can find a good gold psu that fits the budget then i will recommend it

we can all agree that CX is better than Random Asian PSU's

end thread

This guy wants a balanced PC with quality components? Yes and?

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

I've had more AX PSU's screw up on me than CX PSU's, and I've owned significantly more CX PSU's. CX PSU's are perfectly fine.

Like I stated, it is like playing the lottery with them, some people are more lucky then others. Some have had CX PSUS take out part of their PC, some have had them for years. In the end, they are bad PSUs for anything above a 860k and GTX 950 and this is pushing it. There is always a better PSU then the CX series for the same price bracket.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

end thread

I mean yeah, as long as this mythical Diamond efficiency PSU is the best PSU ever.

I wouldn't mind running .1 volts through my CPU and hit a 500GHz overclock....

the psu is the problem, and that one specifically is notorious for dying and exploding

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

end thread

Thats like saying Jeffery Dommer is a better person than Hilter

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

CX is not quality. Honestly, no cheap power supply technically is. They are meant for BASIC PCs, not gaming rigs with overclocking ect ect.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=416

the CX750 gets a 6 on build quality, 600 isn't reviewed unfortunately

Huh?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I've heard that the heat tolerance only goes up to 42C? I've been keeping my case below 35C with extremely loud fans for this purpose. 

You'll be hard pushed to find any electronic components which only survive up to 42°C.

Even cheaper components are normally fine up to 80°C.

Also, your case being at 35° means nothing, because the internals of your PSU are likely a lot hotter.

I'd be surprised if any power supply (unless it's being pushed right to it's ELECTRICAL limits) dies at 42°C.