G2A Lied. (And where do i post this?)

thorpj

Title says it all. I tried to use the discount code FRAGS (you may recognise the Youtuber that the code belongs to), and it said that the code was invalid because it had been used a "maximum number of times".

EDIT: I removed the below because apparently it's taken out of that "additional cost"

Still, any advice on the above?

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

G2A works fine for me. VESSEL ON THE OTHER HAND CHARGES ME 2 DOLLARS MORE FOR IDK WHY

Title says it all. I tried to use the discount code FRAGS (you may recognise the Youtuber that the code belongs to), and it said that the code was invalid because it had been used a "maximum number of times".

http://i.imgur.com/uAi1UjY.png

Then, i used a different code, and it applied. So i got into PayPal (after it showed an "additional cost" at the last minute), and the price of the game was the same as before!

This confirms my suspicions that G2A are completely dodgy.

For those who were wondering about G2A shield. use PayPal, and you have buyer protection. No need for shield.

Also, i had no idea where to post this. It's not news, it's not tech, so general discussion it is!

I just tried to use the code and it's expired dude

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

I just tried to use the code and it's expired dude

yes, but why? the Youtuber in question is still using it on their latest videos. And they're by no means a small youtuber.

If you had read it, you would've seen that i used a second code, and it was confirmed working. Then i got into paypal and went "what the hell it's the same cost"

Please read my edit, it's taken out of the additional cost

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Its not dodgey at all, there is tax, a credit card fee, g2a shield (if you get it) and the game... and im sure you still got the game cheaper then retail so what are you complaining about? Just cause i code you got off a old youtube video doesnt mean a legit website is lieing, i use discount codes on there all the time... try googling "g2a discount code" works wonders

Its not dodgey at all, there is tax, a credit card fee, g2a shield (if you get it) and the game... and im sure you still got the game cheaper then retail so what are you complaining about? Just cause i code you got off a old youtube video doesnt mean a legit website is lieing, i use discount codes on there all the time... try googling "g2a discount code" works wonders

One, yes it is dodgy. of course there's tax, but that should be up front.

G2A shield is a sham, because you can use PayPal, or chargeback via your bank. And in most countries you don't give up your right to getting a working product by not purchasing g2a shield.

"you still got the game cheaper" Sure, but how did i get it cheaper? not dodgy at all. By the way, i haven't bought it.

I got that g2a code off a youtube video released today. And if you'd read my post, you would've noticed that i said "i used a second, working code to try and purchase it". And i googled "g2a discount code" to get it.

Also read the above.

EDIT: I removed the below because apparently it's taken out of that "additional cost"

Why don't you tell Jack Frags that the code isnt working before getting all tin foil hat and cry out about some G2A conspiracy... maybe he doesnt know the code has expired

I have used that code before, and I know it works (on the one thing I ever bought off G2A) , it says expired, its possible Jack, or G2A do not realise the code is invalid

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why don't you tell Jack Frags that the code isnt working before getting all tin foil hat and cry out about some G2A conspiracy... maybe he doesnt know the code has expired

I have used that code before, and I know it works (on the one thing I ever bought off G2A) , it says expired, its possible Jack, or G2A do not realise the code is invalid

Who says that i haven't?

It's far from a 'tinfoil hat" deal. We know that G2A is at least partly dodgy. I mean, how do they get the keys so cheap? Then there's G2A shield.

Who says that i haven't?

It's far from a 'tinfoil hat" deal. We know that G2A is at least partly dodgy. I mean, how do they get the keys so cheap? Then there's G2A shield.

I am not disputing the "grey area" that is G2A, I am just saying that the code worked for a long time, and it doenst seem to be working now,

"G2A LIED" really? its just a code that has expired, its hardly like they are murdering people, im sure G2A or Jack will realise and issue a fix

Personally I will never use or support G2A again, as I dont support their business model, but this just seems like a simple issue that can easily be fixed

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am not disputing the "grey area" that is G2A, I am just saying that the code worked for a long time, and it doenst seem to be working now,

"G2A LIED" really? its just a code that has expired, its hardly like they are murdering people, im sure G2A or Jack will realise and issue a fix

Personally I will never use or support G2A again, as I dont support their business model, but this just seems like a simple issue that can easily be fixed

There was another part to my post, but i cleared that up and edited it out before you saw this thread. And i can't change the title.

The issue as it stands now is a small one, you're right.

There was another part to my post, but i cleared that up and edited it out before you saw this thread. And i can't change the title.

The issue as it stands now is a small one, you're right.

Ah I see!, I just tweeted him to let him know that the code doesnt work anyway

Ah I see!, I just tweeted him to let him know that the code doesnt work anyway

Thank you. I don't use Twitter, and had no way of doing so myself.

Thank you. I don't use Twitter, and had no way of doing so myself.

I dont really use it either, just for promoting my channel :D maybe jack will watch my videos haha

I dont really use it either, just for promoting my channel :D maybe jack will watch my videos haha

Aha we'll see. let's hope he does!

happens to me, i dont know why, i just try FRANK  WEST or some other youtubers code

frank = frankie on pc

west = westie

sometimes its invalid ,sometimes not , who knows!

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)