How do you have your dual monitor set up?

Ramontes

They're touching so that they somewhat form the top sides of a triangle.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have my main monitor in offset to the right, other one offset to the left.

Considering getting a third one since I have a cheap source.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

*ahem* dual?

IMG_0141.JPG

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

At home, my main one is in front of me, and my second is to the right.

At my apartment at school, the main one is slightly to the left and the second one is slightly to the right due to space restrictions.

In both scenarios, the two monitors touch.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

For example do you have one directly in front of you and the other on the righ/left of it or have your main in front of you once again and the other directly above it or do you have half of one monitor in the middle and the other half on the opposing side, 

I sit in the middle of the two approx and have the two monitors in a very shallow V shape so I can just turn my head or chair between the two easily with my left one being my main monitor in Windows.

one in front one off to the left (touching) and soon one 48 0r 55 inch above 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

At home, my main one is in front of me, and my second is to the right.

At my apartment at school, the main one is slightly to the left and the second one is slightly to the right due to space restrictions.

In both scenarios, the two monitors touch

i assume this is for productivity purposes correct?

do you game like this as in without having the gaming monitor not directly in front of  you

I game on the left monitor and have my stuff for monitor temps and etc on the other usually, but it's not that big of a difference for me since I just turn myself a little to the right or left especially since i have a fairly large area on the desk I can rotate my mouse and keyboard very easily if I wanted to.

i assume this is for productivity purposes correct?

Honestly, not really. I just like having my main monitor being directly in front of me, especially when I'm playing games on it. That way I don't have to angle my head slightly when doing stuff on the primary monitor.

If you're asking about the monitors touching for productivity purposes, then yeah I guess so. Plus I'm really anal about having that awkward gap in between multi monitor setups, so I make sure they always touch.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

so no monitor is directly in front of you right?

Right. They're both offset slightly. The offset is very slight. It's more of a desk space issue than anything.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Main right in front (for games/work). The other is tilted in quite a bit on the left and my s340 tower is on the right.

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

I am curious as to why not just get a 65in TV[emoji85]

Would be 1/6th of the res, woudlnt have an aspect ratio nearly as large, annnndd its way more baller like this!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

Does anybody have them vertical? I am thinking about doing this. I don't see it done very much. I don't have the space to do them beside each other, and the monitor on the very top would be for skype calls, temps, netflix, etc. 

I have my main 27" monitor on my desk in front of me and a 22" auxillary monitor wall-mounted directly above it

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

I have my main 27" monitor on my desk in front of me and a 22" auxillary monitor wall-mounted directly above it

Could I see it? I really can't find things other than old hp monitors 

Could I see it? I really can't find things other than old hp monitors 

21b3k7c.jpg

Sorry about the discoloration and bad quality. iPhones eh? Haha

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

^^ I wanna do this badly, but only VESA mount everything. Only problem is my Samsung 22in monitor doesn't have a VESA mount  :angry:

One Among the Fence

• 1 month later...

6899f6b60b8b4e42e4d5241ea8de0701.jpg

Is that a triple monitor setup?

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman