Which NAS to buy ? (best bang for the buck)

qwertywarrior

im looking for 150$ or less

(must have USB 3.0)

(two bays)

(RAID 1)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178331

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822165538

i found these two but newegg doesn't have every NAS

so maybe if you guys know something please tell

also do these cheap NASes support spin down hard drives like WD Green ?

thanks

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Seagate

it looks more polished and the interface is great 

does it support WD Greens ? because some of them cant handle Green drives in raid 1

i couldnt find any info on it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I would go with the Seagate one

Seagate is one of the best companies when it comes to storage

it looks more polished and the interface is great 

does it support WD Greens ? because some of them cant handle Green drives in raid 1

i couldnt find any info on it

It should support WD green drives but Green drives are not the most adequate to RAID configurations you should go with WD RED's instead

It does support disk spin down.

oh sweet

ok thanks for the help

(must have USB 3.0)

(two bays)

(RAID 1)

thanks

The Netgear ReadyNas Duo V2 is an amazing choice and it is cheap. It can do Raid 1 and I have one and they are amazing. It is also quiet and it is only about $150/£100 and it is so worth the money. I have mine on most of the time since january and it is working well. I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 3TB drives running in it on RAID 1 and all I can say is I am impressed.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I would go with the Seagate one

Seagate is one of the best companies when it comes to storage

It should support WD green drives but Green drives are not the most adequate to RAID configurations you should go with WD RED's instead

it wont be on all the time - only for backups

ill strictly  use it as a raid box

ive spoken to almost every raid box manufacturer and they all said they dont support hard drive spin down and might cause a malfunction

NAS functionality on this drive is just a plus  which i might never use

(must have USB 3.0)

(two bays)

(RAID 1)

thanks

Oh ye also that NAS supports spin down and remote access as well as 2 usb 3.0. It has all the things you need and more.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

The Netgear ReadyNas Duo V2 is an amazing choice and it is cheap. It can do Raid 1 and I have one and they are amazing. It is also quiet and it is only about $150/£100 and it is so worth the money. I have mine on most of the time since january and it is working well. I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 3TB drives running in it on RAID 1 and all I can say is I am impressed.

http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-RND2000-200-ReadyNAS-Diskless-Network/dp/B0063E3ZPO

this ?

its $250

I second this. ReadyNas Duo v1 has been running 24/7/365 for over three years in my neighbour's house. Hasn't glitched out once.

it should be 150 look around and that is not it the front of it should say v2. In the UK you can get it for £100 so look around. 

it should be 150 look around and that is not it the front of it should say v2. In the UK you can get it for £100 so look around. 

the netgear website is quite complicated

after selecting Readynas Duo v2 on netgear's website

all that shows up is the  Readynas 102 series which cost pretty much 199 eveywhere

maybe u are using an older model ?

can u get me the model number of your NAS ?

the netgear website is quite complicated

after selecting Readynas Duo v2 on netgear's website

all that shows up is the  Readynas 102 series which cost pretty much 199 eveywhere

maybe u are using an older model ?

can u get me the model number of your NAS ?

man I have the duo v2 and the model number should be rnd2000.

man I have the duo v2 and the model number should be rnd2000.

the rnd2000

was released mid 2009

most websites i found it in were out of stock

ill check ebay

the rnd2000

was released mid 2009

most websites i found it in were out of stock

ill check ebay

well this is the one I have http://www.netgear.co.uk/service-provider/products/storage/residential-soho/RND2000.aspx