Razer fan boy themed first build(I'm newb btw)

DND

Hey guys just wanted to share the first rig that i built. I also want to ask what can i do to optimize my system i haven't changed anything in the bios, overclock, etc.

Here's my before and after:

Before:

post-155321-0-62572100-1444576385.jpg

After:

post-155321-0-67925400-1444576382.jpg

Complete specs:

CPU: Intel core i5-4690K @ 3.5ghz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock Cooler(Temporary still saving up for a Kraken x61)

Mobo: Asus Z97-K

RAM: 2x4GB Kingston Hyperx Fury DDR3 1866mhz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming @ 1178mhz

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

PSU: Seasonic M12 Evo 620W  Bronze modular

Note: If you're wondering why i didn't get a SSD i'm still saving up for it just like the Kraken x61 i couldn't wait for the SSD and built my rig and i'm sorry for the poor quality of the picture i only used my phone to take the picture.

Edit: If you're wondering to why my monitor is like that i'm still saving up for a monitor too.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

what are the specs of that monitor, cuz that seems to be a bottleneck

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Nice build. Are you going to try to sync the lighting with the keyboard, mouse and case?

Hey guys just wanted to share the first rig that i built. I also want to ask what can i do to optimize my system i haven't changed anything in the bios, overclock, etc.

Here's my before and after:

Before:

attachicon.gif12122667_1094062473938745_5921726700905354140_n.jpg

After:

attachicon.gif12096388_1094062613938731_369084776462655887_n.jpg

Complete specs:

CPU: Intel core i5-4690K @ 3.5ghz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock Cooler(Temporary still saving up for a Kraken x61)

Mobo: Asus Z97-K

RAM: 2x4GB Kingston Hyperx Fury DDR3 1866mhz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming @ 1178mhz

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

PSU: Seasonic M12 Evo 620W  Bronze modular

Note: If you're wondering why i didn't get a SSD i'm still saving up for it just like the Kraken x61 i couldn't wait for the SSD and built my rig and i'm sorry for the poor quality of the picture i only used my phone to take the picture.

What bottleneck...the only bottle neck is the HDD not being an SSD.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Yep it's a bottleneck sorry forgot to mention about the monitor as i have said in my note i was so excited to build the rig and didn't wait for money to buy the other parts like monitor and an SSD the monitor is a regular LCD LG monitor the model is Flatron L177WSB.

Nice build. Are you going to try to sync the lighting with the keyboard, mouse and case?

uhm what do you mean by sync the lighting with the keyboard, mouse and case? sorry i'm still a newb.

thanks for the link.

@Leonard bro i've got a question is it alright for me to overclock my gpu and cpu? I'm in PH and right now the climate here is so frickin hot especially my cpu cooler is only an intel stock cooler. Thanks in advance.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

@Leonard bro i've got a question is it alright for me to overclock my gpu and cpu? I'm in PH and right now the climate here is so frickin hot especially my cpu cooler is only an intel stock cooler. Thanks in advance.

Dont overclock your CPU on a stock cooler.

if you buy this kind of a build, gaminng on a REALLY bad monitor doesn`t seem to be worth it

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Dont overclock your CPU on a stock cooler.

yeah was planning on not to overclock. how about the GPU and ram can i do that?

if you buy this kind of a build, gaminng on a REALLY bad monitor doesn`t seem to be worth it

yes. I'm still saving up for a monitor too, specifically the Asus vx239h model.
Spoiler

When OCing any component you want to have a good - beast cooler on it, this is best for moving the heat from the components thus making the components last longer. I live in the Caribbean and sometimes it is cool ( 25-27C) and sometimes it is hot (32-35C) and this could be in the same day too and i have had no issues with my OCs because i did them when my ambient was hot so it would be stable in the cool as well as the hot.

I would not OC the CPU on a stock cooler as you probably won't get a good or stable OC, the GPU is a different story. If you have a GPU with a blower or fancy aftermarket or name branded cooler you can OC the GPU with stable OCs but the fancy cooler would get a higher OC almost all oft the time.

Get an after market cooler for the CPU if you want to OC it. You can get something cheap as a hyper212 and get a great CPU OC or do a custom watercooled loop and get an even higher OC. I am partial to watercooling as i have found the components can be ODed for a higher OC over air coolers but keep in mind, it is at a premium. I can get 5.0ghz on my 3570k but it carries the CPU temperature up to the low 70s max temps which is higher than i want to go, with a 4.7ghz now i get like 45-50C max temps.

yeah was planning on not to overclock. how about the GPU and ram can i do that?

Considering you have an aftermarket card which also heats up the CPU I wouldnt overclock anything untill you get a proper CPU cooler.

Only for the monitor?...a guy with a SATA SSD will also argue the same for the HDD choice and a guy with a NVMe SSD will argue against the SATA SSD too.

All systems have some sort of bottleneck, the builder's choices must try to eliminate the number of bottlenecks for the given budget and preferences.

The rest of his choices look good.

When OCing any component you want to have a good - beast cooler on it, this is best for moving the heat from the components thus making the components last longer. I live in the Caribbean and sometimes it is cool ( 25-27C) and sometimes it is hot (32-35C) and this could be in the same day too and i have had no issues with my OCs because i did them when my ambient was hot so it would be stable in the cool as well as the hot.

I would not OC the CPU on a stock cooler as you probably won't get a good or stable OC, the GPU is a different story. If you have a GPU with a blower or fancy aftermarket or name branded cooler you can OC the GPU with stable OCs but the fancy cooler would get a higher OC almost all oft the time.

Get an after market cooler for the CPU if you want to OC it. You can get something cheap as a hyper212 and get a great CPU OC or do a custom watercooled loop and get an even higher OC. I am partial to watercooling as i have found the components can be ODed for a higher OC over air coolers but keep in mind, it is at a premium. I can get 5.0ghz on my 3570k but it carries the CPU temperature up to the low 70s max temps which is higher than i want to go, with a 4.7ghz now i get like 45-50C max temps.

okay bro. thanks for the detailed explanation i'll try just try oc'ing my gpu btw i want to ask what are XMP's? my friend told me to ask about it here.

Spoiler

okay bro. thanks for the detailed explanation i'll try just try oc'ing my gpu btw i want to ask what are XMP's? my friend told me to ask about it here.

One thing to note is the best way for OCing is CPU>RAM>GPU, so when you do your GPU OC now just know that if you decide to do a CPU OC in the future you may want to start with the GPU at stock speeds.

XMP is an already tested stable RAM OCed profile/s stored on the RAM, you could access and activate through the MOBO's UEFI which will make the RAM run at a higher frequency, voltage but with tighter/faster timings. It takes the lengthy, grey hair making, no sleep having, no PC using and even system destroying process from the end user if they want to have faster RAM than just the standard jedec standards.

One thing to note is the best way for OCing is CPU>RAM>GPU, so when you do your GPU OC now just know that if you decide to do a CPU OC in the future you may want to start with the GPU at stock speeds.

XMP is an already tested stable RAM OCed profile/s stored on the RAM, you could access and activate through the MOBO's UEFI which will make the RAM run at a higher frequency, voltage but with tighter/faster timings. It takes the lengthy, grey hair making, no sleep having, no PC using and even system destroying process from the end user if they want to have faster RAM than just the standard jedec standards.

oh i see okay thanks again dude. so it's alright to use that xmp on my rig right and go oc my gpu a little bit?

Spoiler

oh i see okay thanks again dude. so it's alright to use that xmp on my rig right and go oc my gpu a little bit?

Yeah just do the OC when it is hotter than usual to ensure stability.

Yeah just do the OC when it is hotter than usual to ensure stability.

okay dude thanks again.

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

Yep it's a bottleneck sorry forgot to mention about the monitor as i have said in my note i was so excited to build the rig and didn't wait for money to buy the other parts like monitor and an SSD the monitor is a regular LCD LG monitor the model is Flatron L177WSB.

uhm what do you mean by sync the lighting with the keyboard, mouse and case? sorry i'm still a newb.

thanks for the link.

With the razor software you can make your keyboard, mouse, and case stroble at the same time in a pattern, or change color (depends on mouse, keyboard, and case)