r9 fury x or 980 ti?

AwkwardKnight

please, please, PLEASE, no arguements about the two brands, just cold hard facts, thank you!

my first build ^~^ cpu: core i5 6500

mobo: Asrock h110-itx

gpu: r9 380

8 gigs ddr4 

psu: corsair cx 500

case:thermaltake core v1

The 980ti beats the fury X no questions asked in DX11 and DX12 looks like it will be in AMDs favour, although we are a ways off from seeing DX12 games.

My gpu per price bracket go something like

$620 980ti

$550 R9 Fury

$400 390x

$300 R9 390

$170 R9 380

$140 GTX 950

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

980TI is better in the DX12 tests. Both ashes and battlefront/fable. And at stockspeeds even..

^this people seem to forget that evan tho amd gets the highest performance increase from dx12 the 980ti still has more fps at stock speeds and can still be overclocked

980TI is better in the DX12 tests. Both ashes and battlefront/fable. And at stockspeeds even...

battlefront is direct x 11

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

980TI is better in the DX12 tests. Both ashes and battlefront/fable. And at stockspeeds even...

Yes, I just looked at some benchmarks again. I had some wrong nummbers in my head.

The GTX 980Ti is still a few FPS faster, but it's not that much as it was in DX11.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

True, but this game is also to be said to favor AMD.

ye I no same as battlefield just wanted to point out its dx11

also (1600) 

4 way fury x scales better than 4 way 980ti sli, but other than that the 980ti is better. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Even if the 980Ti is a tad faster lets say for argument sake. Why would you buy a video card that will not support DX12 properly and then buy another in 6 months to a year if you want real DX12 support. Also Nvidia's next video card release will support DX12, HMB memory and more than likely free sync all of which the Fury X already has now.

Oh wait I also forgot Nvidia will probably change their SLI setup to crossfire like AMD's so there cards scale better and do not stutter.  So ya why but Nvidia a 5 to 10 gain at 20 % overclocking. But all the Nvidia fans keep telling you to buy current Nvidia cards there better!

Even if the 980Ti is a tad faster lets say for argument sake. Why would you buy a video card that will not support DX12 properly and then buy another in 6 months to a year if you want real DX12 support. Also Nvidia's next video card release will support DX12, HMB memory and more than likely free sync all of which the Fury X already has now.

Oh wait I also forgot Nvidia will probably change their SLI setup to crossfire like AMD's so there cards scale better and do not stutter.  So ya why but Nvidia a 5 to 10 gain at 20 % overclocking. But all the Nvidia fans keep telling you to buy current Nvidia cards there better!

- Even at DX12 the 980ti has shown to be superior to AMD cards and has had pretty good results despite not supporting DX12 fully.

- No actual GPU from Nvidia or AMD does have full DX12 support as of now.

- Please stop being an AMD fanboy, both brands have powerful GPU's (for example AMD wins when it comes to mid end cards) but the 980ti has shown to be superior to the Fury x until now and I honestly see no reason to get the Fury X unless he's doing crossfire. Besides high end pascal cards won't be out until end 2015 or by the start of 2016... waiting that long is not the best option specially if he needs the gpu any time soon

you sir, wins this thread!

Okay you say its better than respond to new Nvidia using Hmb, Freesync support,and being Gnc Dx12 to the level AMD is since 2011. Also dumping SLI for crossfire which is better. I just named 4 items fury is better tech than the 980ti. Okay Nvidia is better by 10% if you overclock it in some games. Why is not AMD Fury better right now as a choice for people because in 6 months you can sell it and it be in demand still because of the 4 items I have listed which the 980ti does not offer. Your the fan boy wanting people to dump money in a card that is out of date except a little performance. AMD has always offered better hardware than Nvidia has.

AMD is a better VALUE not just about performance.The man asked which is better not just which performed better.

Okay you say its better than respond to new Nvidia using Hmb, Freesync support,and being Gnc Dx12 to the level AMD is since 2011. Also dumping SLI for crossfire which is better. I just named 4 items fury is better tech than the 980ti. Okay Nvidia is better by 10% if you overclock it in some games. Why is not AMD Fury better right now as a choice for people because in 6 months you can sell it and it be in demand still because of the 4 items I have listed which the 980ti does not offer. Your the fan boy wanting people to dump money in a card that is out of date except a little performance. AMD has always offered better hardware than Nvidia has.

AMD is a better VALUE not just about performance.The man asked which is better not just which performed better.

I don't understand what you mean but the fury x and the 980ti cost about the same and the 980ti beats it in almost all aspects (with the exception being scaling)... long story short, 980ti is just better than the fury x, that's about as far as it goes

Lol does 980ti use HMB, or Freesync or support Gnc DX12 since 2011 or crossfire. All these option the new Nvidia card coming next year will do and created by AMD and supported now. You are saying people should buy Nvidia 980ti for a 10% fps bump when overcooked. Other than a 10% bump in scores in some games how is it better in 6 months to a year? It's not AMD will support future applications better.I just named 4 aspects which Fury is better and which Pascal will use which A M D has already. Stop telling people to buy a outdated card fanboy.

The 980Ti performs better than the Fury X, I think we all know that at this point. This only applies in a 1v1 scenario though, and when you go to dual card setups and higher the Fury X setup will perform better. This is due to Crossfire's superior scaling compared to SLI. The Fury X is also smaller, and much quieter than the 980ti and can be argued that it will be the better choice for DX12. Basically, since these are the same price, you can ditch everything for current gen performance and go for the 980ti or get the full package with the Fury X. Now for dual card setups and higher the easy choice is the Fury X. You'd have to completely ignore common sense to buy 2 980ti's over 2 Fury X's.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

please, please, PLEASE, no arguements about the two brands, just cold hard facts, thank you!

In this heavy weight category, the 980 Ti is superior.  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Actually the Fury X does edge out the 980 Ti at 4k in Battlefront. But just by a hair.

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

Make me laugh all the people that have said the amd card has all this new tech, this new tech is so good that it still looses

Hbm has done nothing to improve the furys performance

also (1600) 

Do you want the best and shiniest now? 980 Ti
Do you want a card that will age better? Fury
Do you want better multi-GPU scaling? 390X CF
Do you want new shiny tech? Fury X
Do you want an expensive G-sync monitor? 980 Ti
Do you want the single most powerful PCB? Fury X2 (it's coming soon)
Do you want CUDA for AutoCAD? 980Ti
Do you want OpenCL for Sony Vegas? Fury X
Do you want GE for some odd reason? 980 Ti
Do you want Gameworks? 980 TI
Do you want Tress FX 2.0 in Tomb Raider sequel? Fury X
Do you want....

you can figure the rest out yourself :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Well the HMB lets it perform with 4MB in 4k in all my games equal, better or slightly less then the 980ti option. Just ask yourself which tech will Nvidia use on future cards HMB or DDR? That answer will tell you which is better tech. And don't be surprised if Nvidia and AMD will still use the HMB1 on there future cards as it becomes cheaper and use HMB2 on there upper cards. HMB1 & HMB2 is a better tech then DDR memory and its on current AMD cards not the 980TI just like much better DX12 support and freesync which Intel is supporting. To keep telling people to buy old out dated tech for the same money as new is just wrong. Nice post don_svetlio I agree but not all can figure it out for them self and why people come here for advice. My whole response is to tell someone there is more to think about then a small performance difference here and there. I use to to always have AMD since the Athlon chips but changed a year ago to Intel not because of performance but for the M.2 option which is not on AMD boards and until they offer it I will use Intel. I think M.2 by far has pushed the tech way more then the CPU upgrades Intel offers or AMD.