xfx 9800 GTX plus

MrPotatoHead

hi my main card has just died but i have a couple of new cards laying around one of which is the xfx 9800 gtx plus

is there any way i can overclock it or do any thing to it to make it more powerful??

i had it for 2 years and it just stopped working i think the gpu just gave up

Yes, but a oc is only gonna make it about 25% faster with a good oc. you can oc it with almost any rivatuner based program(msi afterburner, etc) and see how much you can get from it.

fans don't spin and not picture and it has and electrical smell too it and im just going to overclock till its breaking point as i have a few il run sli

fans don't spin and not picture and it has and electrical smell too it and im just going to overclock till its breaking point as i have a few il run sli

how much would you sell the dead card for? A mosfet probably went short.

well its in a shop atm as there doing things too it but i dunno as i live in the uk and the postage would be expensive

well its in a shop atm as there doing things too it but i dunno as i live in the uk and the postage would be expensive

ahh... silly postage! I have a couple brand new 8400gs cards still in the boxes, I should see what I can get em to do...

its worth a try at OC these old cards as ive always been curious of how well they can keep up with modern cards

currently i have a 9800 gtx plus and a 9600 gt, im going to put them in sli and try and overclock the Sh*t out of them 

its worth a try at OC these old cards as ive always been curious of how well they can keep up with modern cards

currently i have a 9800 gtx plus and a 9600 gt, im going to put them in sli and try and overclock the Sh*t out of them 

The 9800gt/8800gt is equivalent to the gt740 which is mighty low end nowadays. It's almost as powerful as the Intel Iris Pro 6200. You can see the whole graphics card hierarchy chart here.

fdf48abb9a.png

thought they would be but its all i could do right now, i would have a gtx 980ti ftw acx 2.0+ 6gb card but evga have refused me a replacement even tho i have warranty for another 6 months