Need good headphones

Knaj

doesn't have heavy base, but the highest quality headphones for $100. Sony MDR-7506

Well, I was gonna get SHP9500's, but now they're over $100

I just need some good headphones (over ear) that has good mic/I can put a v-moda boom mic on

Under $100 please.

All I want is good sound and good bass.

Under $100 bucks? Done! It's a headset but the headphone part is very good: crisp sound and pretty good bass too. :)

Anything with a detachable cable? I like those a lot because I often break my cables somehow.

That's understandable.... Here's a wireless version of pretty much the same type headset currently on sale for $82: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1444180276&sr=1-1&keywords=wireless+headset it has an overview video there as well.

It has 7.1 Surround Sound while the G230 only has Stereo Sound... Still, it's very good Stereo Sound... That said, I think wireless would be right up your alley since you said you break your cables or you have had cables break on you. Plus you'll have more freedom of motion without the wires tangling you up.

Anything with a detachable cable? I like those a lot because I often break my cables somehow.

Not really needed with this one. Super high quality. wont break im sure of it

I can +1 this. A friend has had a pair of the Sony mdr-v6 since the eighties, and they still work perfectly. Only thing is that the pads got replaced with velour ones at some point.

Not really needed with this one. Super high quality. wont break im sure of it

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

That's understandable.... Here's a wireless version of pretty much the same type headset currently on sale for $82: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1444180276&sr=1-1&keywords=wireless+headset it has an overview video there as well.

It has 7.1 Surround Sound while the G230 only has Stereo Sound... Still, it's very good Stereo Sound... That said, I think wireless would be right up your alley since you said you break your cables or you have had cables break on you. Plus you'll have more freedom of motion without the wires tangling you up.

Stereo surround? 7.1 surround in a headphone? I think not.

Stereo surround? 7.1 surround in a headphone? I think not.

lol meant Stereo sound in the one I have and tho it said 7.1 I doubt it's true 7.1 as I read somewhere that PC sound only goes up to 5.1... I could be wrong tho.

lol meant Stereo sound in the one I have and tho it said 7.1 I doubt it's true 7.1 as I read somewhere that PC sound only goes up to 5.1... I could be wrong tho.

No. Headphones only go to stereo aka 2.0. Pcs can have any number of speakers you want to attach. You can have 100.30 surround sound on your pc if you want.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190R&RandomID=58590451725018120151005145523

click on Auto-notify. For some reason they keep going in aout of sock, but once they are in stock they are only $46. :)

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

No. Headphones only go to stereo aka 2.0. Pcs can have any number of speakers you want to attach. You can have 100.30 surround sound on your pc if you want.

I see, so it would seem that 7.1 was either misleading or a misprint? Doesn't mean the Logitech ones are bad tho, I really like the sound of mine... Just wish they would make big promises like that tho.

I see, so it would seem that 7.1 was either misleading or a misprint? Doesn't mean the Logitech ones are bad tho, I really like the sound of mine... Just wish they would make big promises like that tho.

it's simulated 7.1.. It's obvious that there's not gonna be tons of speakers surrounding your face with something with only two ear cups.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

it's simulated 7.1.. It's obvious that there's not gonna be tons of speakers surrounding your face with something with only two ear cups.

Even if there were, it would still only be stereo sound.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Even if there were, it would still only be stereo sound.

And more than 2 earcups would be useless, as they would have to go on your face and back of head

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Sennheiser HD 518 if you want a laid back, warm, and non fatiguing sound. 

ehm some headphones do have 5.1 (yeah they actually have 5 little speakers in them)... can't really specifiy which ones but I think razer had ones that had 5 speakers(tiamat I think).. anyway I'd avoid them... 5.1 surround is nice and all for gaming but the tiny speakers will limit your experience with movies and music A LOT... go with some nice stereo headphones and If you really want surround sound just buy one of those cheap dacs that simulate 5.1 or see if your soundcard is capable of doing that as nowadays most mobos can handle that tbh (or just check if the headphones itself have virtual surround system integrated :)

as to headphones recomendation, I'd go with some closed headphones as you seem to want nice bass... you have v-moda's m100 which are nice but audio-tecnica's m50 do have a nice sound signature aswell... they are a bit above your price range though  :/  inside your price range I'd take a look at the creative aurvana, nice bass and the sound itself is not bad at all, if you can try them out, do it as my opinion can differ from yours when you actually experience them  :D

GPU:Gigabyte G1 980Ti 6GB GDDR5  CPU:Intel i7 6700K 4.0Ghz + Cooler Master 412S RAM:8GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (x2) Motherboard:Z170-A Krait Gaming HDD/SSD:1TB Western Digital & 120GB Kingston HyperX Case:NZXT S340 + 3x Corsair AF 140mm + 1x Corsair AF 120mm + 1x Corsair SP 120mm PSU:Seasonic M12II Evo 620W 80 Plus Display: Benq XL2430T 144Hz Sound: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & JVC SZ1000 + Schiit Vali + Fiio E17

ehm some headphones do have 5.1 (yeah they actually have 5 little speakers in them)... can't really specifiy which ones but I think razer had ones that had 5 speakers in them like the tiamat... anyway I'd avoid them... 5.1 surround is nice and all for gaming but the tiny speakers will limit your experience with movies and music A LOT...

I am well aware that those exist. That doesn't change the fact that they output stereo surround sound.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I am well aware that those exist. That doesn't change the fact that they output stereo surround sound.

^

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

And i would recommend a ModMic. higher quality.

Same quality. BoomPro has a braided cable as well which arguably makes it better.

ehm some headphones do have 5.1 (yeah they actually have 5 little speakers in them)... can't really specifiy which ones but I think razer had ones that had 5 speakers(tiamat I think).. anyway I'd avoid them... 5.1 surround is nice and all for gaming but the tiny speakers will limit your experience with movies and music A LOT... go with some nice stereo headphones and If you really want surround sound just buy one of those cheap dacs that simulate 5.1 or see if your soundcard is capable of doing that as nowadays most mobos can handle that tbh (or just check if the headphones itself have virtual surround system integrated :) )

as to headphones recomendation, I'd go with some closed headphones as you seem to want nice bass... you have v-moda's m100 which are nice but audio-tecnica's m50 do have a nice sound signature aswell... they are a bit above your price range though :/ inside your price range I'd take a look at the creative aurvana, nice bass and the sound itself is not bad at all, if you can try them out, do it as my opinion can differ from yours when you actually experience them :D

Because of the close proximity of the drivers to your ear, those headsets still have to use virtual surround technology.

Yea, headphones can only do so much but I wonder how well a helmet-like set of headphones would work with speakers set inside from one side to the other... I say helmet-like to wrap around a person's head... Hmm...

Yea, headphones can only do so much but I wonder how well a helmet-like set of headphones would work with speakers set inside from one side to the other... I say helmet-like to wrap around a person's head... Hmm...

As long as left and right channels are separated from the opposite ears, you won't be able to produce surround sound.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm afraid not.