Big time Linux kernel dev Sarah Sharp quits due to personal attacks by other Linux kernel devs

GoodBytes

it's 84,000 lines for the core kernel. The rest is multiple code paths for much of the same functionality, across x86, x86_64, MIPS, ARMv7, ARM v7, Power7, and Power8, with many different options redone in assembly by hand. It's the same thing in different flavors. Can you even read computer code? The moment you did you'd see it.

Oh my. Are you already starting to backpedal? So did Sarah write 20% of the kernel for a particular platform now?

So far you haven't even posted any evidence that she wrote 20% of the code for x86, or ARM or whatever. All I can find is that she wrote part of a USB driver, and I really doubt that single driver is 20% of the kernel.

@patrickjp3

git clone https://github.com/ejwa/gitinspector.git

Point it at the repo(s) in question, let it churn in the background, post Sarah's cumulative work which Git Inspector will provide to you, since it breaks it down on a per author basis.  Given you've worked under her, I assume you have intimate knowledge of repos that will show her massive level of contribution.  I'm sure even know her github doesn't really show much over the past 18 months, all the work is there from prior to that.

Ehh Women.

:P Seriously though, from an outsider perspective there is a lot of "entitlement" happening and people letting you know "hey I believe you are far beneath me".

But I guess that's the same anywhere

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Honestly she sounds like one of those social marxist feminists, who wants to dictate what other say and how they say it, using terms like "offended", "racist", "minority" and so on, to opress people who speak and thinks differently than she does.

Based on Linus Thorvald's rebuttal, that does seem to be spot on, and he combatted that beautifully with his Finnish culture argument. I'm surprised she didn't talk about "toxic masculinity". Seriously!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

its very strange how despite even the title saying Personal attacks, so many people try to claim this as evidence of some bias or sexist thing. Unless you think all women are the same then personal attacks towards a specific woman have nothing to do with a community disliking women in general.

This really makes very little difference to me as a linux user as 'mean' emails are so unimportant and so far removed from the end user experience that it has no impact on how I use my computer every day. Call me when they have to install suicide prevention nets on developers houses, then I might start having to make a moral decision on whether to change my software usage.

The grasp for straws is real.

......are you serious? Linux is the backbone of the internet. Sure there's Cisco IOS, but still, Windows And Apple combined make up less than a percent of enterprise grade networking operating systems. That alone outweighs the entire client grade share of the internet that Windows and Apple make up. At least as far as money, and the amount of data sent and received goes.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i dont know what happened in her personal life and nobody here knows so im going to reserve my judgement