How important is colour coding your PC to you?

melias24

Hey guys, just wondering how important is color coding your PC to you?? For me when i first built my PC i didn't give a damn ( 

) but now with my new mobo and case and all that i do. What about you guys do you care/not care for colour coding your PC?

~Elias

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Meh. It looks cool no matter what if you have higher end components. 

Well, if you ask Asus, no it doesn't matter at all.  Go ahead and have a gold motherboard with everything else blue :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

With my OCD, it's impossible for all my parts to not have the same color scheme.

I chose the cheapest ram that didn't look like shit, the cheapest ATX mothboard and the Cheapest ATX case.

and since my ram and my case had blue ascents (and my GPU had a blue PCB) I bought Blue LEDS (Which have now been re

148214.f3533e12935b1c8937ee882cd79b785c.

more here: 
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ryd6Mp 

That is a picture in my PC, as you can see it only really matters for it to be black as case fans and LEDs can illuminate everything else, that stairstep effect by the ASUS Z97 PRO GAMER is pretty cool though....
that photo makes me glad my old Antec 900 doesn't have a painted interior :)

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

just about 80% of my computers have a Goldish Mobo, Green RAM, Grey GPUs, Black SSDs, Black Cases, Silver HDDs, and Black PSUs.

Yeah, I usually use cases that don't have windows for my clients.

I care about having a pc that looks good, and performs well, rather than a pc that looks stunning, but i either had to pay out the ass, or go out of the way to get, or sacrifice anything. That being said, there's nothing I like more than a solid dark purple themed buid.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I think it's neat that people care for that sorta thing, but to me it matters not. I prefer a stealthy setup that allows me to focus on video and audio. That's what makes the experience to me. That said, I'm not adverse to subtle ambient lighting in the peripheral vision that changes based on the colors of the scene on my screen.

Updated desired build

function over form i but i do have slight regret since during the time at the store there's only 1 colour available for the case fan

it really doesnt match my graphics card or mobo at all, but hey whatever works

I care about having a pc that looks good, and performs well, rather than a pc that looks stunning, but i either had to pay out the ass, or go out of the way to get, or sacrifice anything. That being said, there's nothing I like more than a solid dark purple themed buid.

true, my PC is yellow and black, just need a yellow and black ram and GPU now, and i def need an aftermarket CPU cooler.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

If it came down to a choice between 2 identical components with the only difference being that the colour of one of them will better match the rest of my build, then yeah I'd go for it. Otherwise it doesn't matter that much to me.

Well, if you ask Asus, no it doesn't matter at all.  Go ahead and have a gold motherboard with everything else blue :)

I have a Z87-C motherboard and the gold heatsinks are so retarded. I would rip out and spray paint those cunts black in a split second, but I haven't because I'd probably break something.

100/10 for me lol ill spent a few extra bucks for everything to match and look good :(

I have a Z87-C motherboard and the gold heatsinks are so retarded. I would rip out and spray paint those cunts black in a split second, but I haven't because I'd probably break something.

At least that SH #&% isn't red...so sick of black red on my Maximus V Formula

Hey guys, just wondering how important is color coding your PC to you?? For me when i first built my PC i didn't give a damn ( 

) but now with my new mobo and case and all that i do. What about you guys do you care/not care for colour coding your PC?

~Elias

You'd be way more badass if you drink that Pepsi because Pepsi = awful :D

Corsair had to make an entirely new freaking line of RAM just to match it because Asus has such large market share lol

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Hey guys, just wondering how important is color coding your PC to you?? For me when i first built my PC i didn't give a damn (... ) but now with my new mobo and case and all that i do. What about you guys do you care/not care for colour coding your PC?

~Elias

Every time I see Sonic in some Nintendo-related situation this is all I can think of... pepsi in a coke glass

None, my PC has; Green, Gold, Black, Blue, Red, Grey and White. 

Corsair had to make an entirely new freaking line of RAM just to match it because Asus has such large market share lol

LOL im trying to find yellow ram but no one makes it. @Corsair needs to halp me

LOL im trying to find yellow ram but no one makes it. @Corsair needs to halp me

Well we don't always get what we want.  Remember that time Linus was trying to get the 2 GPUs working in his dual socket board and the Asus BIOS team wasn't able to come in on the weekend to write him a custom one?  #1st world problems++

My entire build revolves around wasting money on things that are white and black, and not focusing too much on how powerful they are :P

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB