Cheap/good Headsets with 7.1.

Xplod2064

Anybody know of a good/cheap headset for under $100 or close to with 7.1 surround sound, and over ear.

HyperX Cloud II sounds about right.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

you have 2 ears , you need just 2 speakers

This doesn't make any sense at all, given that surround sound speaker systems do serve a legimimate purpose.

Logitech G430

Do you play football/soccer?

Cause you look like a left-back

This doesn't make any sense at all, given that surround sound speaker systems do serve a legimimate purpose.

we're talking about headphones here , things that are less then 2cm away from your ears

CPU : i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Cooler : NH-D14 | GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 [OC] | MB : Asus Z87-Pro | RAM : A-DATA 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 XPG Black | SSD : 850Evo 250GB

we're talking about headphones here , things that are less then 2cm away from your ears

So you should say, 2 ears, 2 drivers in headphones.

That said, most surround headsets only have 2 drivers.

They use software to simulate surround.

Headsets with multiple drivers in each ear cup are just plain stupid, as a single human ear can not tell directionality.

Directionality is perceived by the difference in timing of the sound going into ones right and left ears.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So you should say, 2 ears, 2 drivers in headphones.

That said, most surround headsets only have 2 drivers.

They use software to simulate surround.

Headsets with multiple drivers in each ear cup are just plain stupid, as a single human ear can not tell directionality.

Directionality is perceived by the difference in timing of the sound going into ones right and left ears.

I was looking at the Logitech G230.

I was looking at the Logitech G230.

I would look at hyper x cloud.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I would look at hyper x cloud.

I'm not to familiar with what to know with headsets but whats the 53mm drivers mean?

I'm not to familiar with what to know with headsets but whats the 53mm drivers mean?

Driver size.

Doesn't matter though

Marketing would have you believe that bigger drivers means better bass, but in reality there are many other important factors (arguably more important) in design that effect bass response.

Marketing would have you believe that bigger drivers means better bass, but in reality there are many other important factors (arguably more important) in design that effect bass response.

Plus cone breakup is a thing.