How to deal with excessive arrogance

NoobsWeStand

I have this kid in my freshmen class (college) that has a problem with his ego

His ego is so big it can't fit into one time zone

His arrogance is not justified. He is not smart, and does not have any special qualities

Worst yet, he has the same major as me (computer science). I am in two classes with him, and I can barely take it

He is so annoying to talk to. If he disagrees with you, he will not listen. He will just blurt out why he thinks you are wrong, while you are still mid-sentence

He seems to always want to impress people by forcibly using long words to describe the simplest of things.

In my programming class, he tries to impress everyone with his "skills". He can hardly code, and struggles all the way through. 

He always speaks whatever is on his mind; no matter the situation.(edit: loud and annoyingly. in the middle of a lecture, shouting it across the lunch table...)

People have told him to shut up before. The effects are only temporary, as his ego starts back up within 5 minutes.

A lot of people have picked up on the fact that he is excessively arrogant. It is a nice conversation starter with other people who dislike him

I do not know what to do. I am not the type of person who would punch him, or even say, "shutup".

I am not sure I could even have a serious conversation with him about his arrogance problem, without dying inside.

Move away from him, ignore him, laugh at his arrogance. 

disagree with him all the time, even if you agree it'll piss em off. He wont talk to you if you think the exact opposite on everything

*cough cough democrats and republicans unless they are in a debate cough cough

Ignore him.

Some things that I find so easy in life, that others can barely do.

1) Ignore people

2) Being strong about things, like getting distracted. I rarely get distracted.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

There is people like that in every course, the only thing I would suggest is just grinning and bearing it. Eventually he will calm down as more and more people realise what he is.

just ignore his presence , I know from experience that people like that feed off of a reaction. Take that reaction away, and he has nothing.

although violence is not recomended

punch him

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

Yeah I speak my mind too but am not arrogant or stupid, best bet is to ignore him or completely humiliate him, either way he'll likely go away

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

ignore him. Take solace in the fact that the quality of job you get post-graduation is VERY dependent on the networks you formed as a student. If he develops a reputation as an arrogant bastard, it'll be difficult for him to get a job. Professors pay attention to that shit, and remember it when it comes time to write letters of recommendation.

i have the same problem, i annoys the crap out of me, ignore it the best your can and remember you cant fix stupid 

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Laugh at him when he works for you as your janitor.

Here is a life lesson for you.

Stop being a dick about the situation.

Maybe hes this way because he is insecure and it's the only way he knows how to make himself feel better

Be nice, offer help and just be a good person.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

LOL ^^^ That post, fuck him, if someone is bothering you, and you give signs to NOT bother you, and they persist.... FUCK EM.

Whenever he opens his mouth, tell him to stfu (ie: your sick of hearing his bullshit, so kindly, FUCK OFF M8, and REPEAT THIS EVERYTIME)

Basically... a TALK TO THE HAND moment, with harsher wording.

Over time, he'll either ignore you, or wanna fight, ignore all temptations to do that, and he should ignore you completely.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Here is a life lesson for you.

Stop being a dick about the situation.

Maybe hes this way because he is insecure and it's the only way he knows how to make himself feel better

Be nice, offer help and just be a good person.

I haven't really expressed hatred at him. I just typically stay quiet when I am around him

Maybe you are right. I just had to vent about it

Snip!

Break a computer, and tell him to fix it.

If he doesn't, call him an Asshat, if he does, suck it up you whiner.

Observe, learn, and examine yourself why he bugs you. Whenever you work on improving yourself you will reap benefits that you can't even imagine. Patience. Observe how others interact with him.

PS....memorize where the solar plexus is located:)