Should i play fallout 3 before 4?

Badgerworks
Go to solution Solved by AresKrieger,

It's not essential as bethesda games don't need previous game knowledge to be fun, and personally new vegas was more fun for me anyway

As the title says, is it essential? Is it worth playing at this point, or should I just wait and get fallout 4?

Thanks

It's not essential as bethesda games don't need previous game knowledge to be fun, and personally new vegas was more fun for me anyway

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

It's not required, but it's a good game nevertheless to fill your time until Fallout 4. I suggest playing New Vegas though.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

As the title says, is it essential? Is it worth playing at this point, or should I just wait and get fallout 4?

Thanks

Not required, but Fallout 3 and NV are two of my favourite games ever made

I actually just recently completed 3 again and I am startinh new vegas (again) tonight or tomorrow probably

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

fallout 3 is boring as hell, save your time.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Fallout 3 is not optimized for anything past and including Windows 7, New Vegas is. So I'd play NV.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

In my opinion, Fallout 3 was MUCH better then New Vegas. The world just felt more alive, there were a lot more to do and it wasn't as linear compared to New Vegas.

I could care less about open world games myself though, they don't add anything special in comparison to good linear games but New Vegas didn't do anything new or refreshing. It's a bland environment and barely anything to look at or even shoot at (which is funny considering they added a DLC for new weapons and ammunition, I was REALLY disappointed there).

Regardless, Fallout's plots are pretty  much nothing to be missed (referring to the main plots). It wouldn't matter if you played the first ones or not, it'll be practically the same experience. That can be said for every Elder Scrolls game as well.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Been playing FO3 over the weekend and, man, I forgot how good the environment and atmosphere is in that game.

NV has refined mechanics and better stories but FO3 completely out does NV for the environments.

I had major issues with FO3 and Windows 7 on many different PCs with it crashing very often but playing on Windows 10 has been great.

I reinstalled it along with all my mods and haven't had a single crash after a good 6-7 hours.

Been playing FO3 over the weekend and, man, I forgot how good the environment and atmosphere is in that game.

NV has refined mechanics and better stories but FO3 completely out does NV for the environments.

I had major issues with FO3 and Windows 7 on many different PCs with it crashing very often but playing on Windows 10 has been great.

I reinstalled it along with all my mods and haven't had a single crash after a good 6-7 hours.

did you have to import files into your folder, or just downloaded FO3 and played it? Because if that's the case I'm going to 10, right now!

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Fallout 3 is awesome and has a better World than NV.

I say yes.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

did you have to import files into your folder, or just downloaded FO3 and played it? Because if that's the case I'm going to 10, right now!

I was having some issues just going through Steam and having it delete the local files, it kept leaving some remnants behind, so I manually deleted the folder, reinstalled it fresh through Steam and it has been great ever since.

I had Nexus Mod Manager reinstall the few mods I'd had before and didn't have any problems.

I loaded my old save and it worked fine, played off that file all weekend.