Aftermarket CPU Fan Covering PCIE1. Problem?

imjtblanton

I bought an NH-D15 fan to cool my CPU. I've installed the CPU into the motherboard and installed the fan onto the CPU. My motherboard is an ASRock X99 Extreme4. I'm going to put the graphics card on now, but the cooler is so wide that it slightly covers the PCIE1 port. I checked the motherboard manual and it appears that the PCIE3 port is identical to PCIE1. Can I just put the graphics card into that port? Will it run properly? PCIE1 and PCIE3 are both PCIe 3.0x16 slots. The PCIE2 port is a PCIe 2.0x16 slot.

I bought an NH-D15 fan to cool my CPU. I've installed the CPU into the motherboard and installed the fan onto the CPU. My motherboard is an ASRock X99 Extreme4. I'm going to put the graphics card on now, but the cooler is so wide that it slightly covers the PCIE1 port. I checked the motherboard manual and it appears that the PCIE3 port is identical to PCIE1. Can I just put the graphics card into that port? Will it run properly? PCIE1 and PCIE3 are both PCIe 3.0x16 slots. The PCIE2 port is a PCIe 2.0x16 slot.

It will work fine in the 3rd slot due to the amount of PCIe lanes on X99 CPU.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If you really want to you can turn the cooler 90 degrees so the fan doesn't interfere.

However, it will work identically in slot 3.

Hope this helps :)