Help Me with Chemistry

byalexandr
Go to solution Solved by Amazingasian,

original-712474-1.jpg

Convert from mL > L then convert to Moles.  Cross the Mole bridge (PM me if you need help with that).  Then convert back to L and mL.

Just one problem, I kinda forgot how to do this:

Consider the following equation:

2NO2 (g) --> N2O4 (g)

If 25.0mL of NO2 gas is completely converted to N2O4 gas under the same conditions, what volume will N2O4 occupy?

Anyway, it's a gas Stoichiometry problem, I don't know what to do with the molar ratios and stuff. Anyone help me out? Sorry for the bad typing, I couldn't get the subscripts in.

This counts as troubleshooting right?

probably, I mean I troubleshoot with chemicals all the time

especially chloroform :ph34r:  

I haven't got this far yet. School just started a month ago!

We're working on molecular compounds and naming stuffs right now.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I haven't got this far yet. School just started a month ago!

We're working on molecular compounds and naming stuffs right now.

I'm in college Chemistry.

Just one problem, I kinda forgot how to do this:

Consider the following equation:

2NO2 (g) --> N2O4 (g)

If 25.0mL of NO2 gas is completely converted to N2O4 gas under the same conditions, what volume will N2O4 occupy?

Anyway, it's a gas Stoichiometry problem, I don't know what to do with the molar ratios and stuff. Anyone help me out? Sorry for the bad typing, I couldn't get the subscripts in.

And this is why I am failing high school.

And this is why I am failing high school.

It's okay, this is kind of a hard problem. I have an A in this class but I forgot how to do this.

original-712474-1.jpg

Convert from mL > L then convert to Moles.  Cross the Mole bridge (PM me if you need help with that).  Then convert back to L and mL.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

original-712474-1.jpg

There we go, thank you for that. I knew it was something like that.

Edit: I bet you knew this because you're Asian! Jk lol

I'm in college Chemistry.

ah, that's probs why. 

I'm just in 11'th grade chem

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

ah, that's probs why. 

I'm just in 11'th grade chem

Well I'm a Junior as well but it's college level Chem. Lol I have three college classes this year, FML.

Hope I don't gotta take this class, I don't "think" I do but I never know, especially since I have a like a 68% in Physical Science :/ Erg. Physical science is one of the easiest science classes....

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Hope I don't gotta take this class, I don't "think" I do but I never know, especially since I have a like a 68% in Physical Science :/ Erg. Physical science is one of the easiest science classes....

Ahh, maybe. It's an AP class, so I don't get college hours like my Pre-Calculus (or 'College Algebra' as the actual course is called) or U.S History classes. It just depneds on what state you live in, I live in Texas so I have to have 4 or something science credits, and I should be finished this year. My senior year is going to be a breeze since I only credits for like two more classes at the end of this year.

I go to a college prep school, where each class is 80 mins long, and there are 4 classes a day, 8total. It's huge in the performing arts and sciences. Biotech this year is super fun but I've heard is going to be challenging.

Well I'm a Junior as well but it's college level Chem. Lol I have three college classes this year, FML.

I go to a college prep school, where each class is 80 mins long, and there are 4 classes a day, 8total. It's huge in the performing arts and sciences. Biotech this year is super fun but I've heard is going to be challenging.

Not too hard, just stay focused when you're getting lectures and keep up with your assignments. Everything else will fall into place.

Ahh, maybe. It's an AP class, so I don't get college hours like my Pre-Calculus (or 'College Algebra' as the actual course is called) or U.S History classes. It just depneds on what state you live in, I live in Texas so I have to have 4 or something science credits, and I should be finished this year. My senior year is going to be a breeze since I only credits for like two more classes at the end of this year.

I will be done with high school classes half way through my third year. Only class that will not be done is math, all other classes will be done.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

I will be done with high school classes half way through my third year. Only class that will not be done is math, all other classes will be done.

Haha yea, I love how I don't have to take any more classes (at least required ones) for my senior year. Good thing my high school lets me get off early if this is the case.

Haha yea, I love how I don't have to take any more classes (at least required ones) for my senior year. Good thing my high school lets me get off early if this is the case.

I Scheduled all my classes, I only go Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I still take Honors Geometry Monday-friday at my high school but only for 45 minutes.

You need to use pV=nRT, where n is the number of moles, so you have half as many moles of product as you did of reactant so volume would be half. This is assuming pressure remains the same which it seems to be in this instance. So you end up with 12.5ml of product. This is only way I would do it and im studying chemistry at university

01000100 01100001 01110010 01110101 01100100 01100101 00100000 00101101 00100000 01010011 01100001 01101110 01100100 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110010 01101101

You need to use pV=nRT, where n is the number of moles, so you have half as many moles of product as you did of reactant so volume would be half. This is assuming pressure remains the same which it seems to be in this instance. So you end up with 12.5ml of product. This is only way I would do it and im studying chemistry at university

Not an pv=nrt problem (ideal gas law) by the way. It's just converting from one substance to another. 

OP: Lookup box method:

hqdefault.jpg

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Not an pv=nrt problem (ideal gas law) by the way. It's just converting from one substance to another. 

OP: Lookup box method:

hqdefault.jpg

Gas law can be used though, as he is looking for the volume. And they are gases. Your example uses 2 solids

01000100 01100001 01110010 01110101 01100100 01100101 00100000 00101101 00100000 01010011 01100001 01101110 01100100 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110010 01101101