Why game on a pc?

jramiroz98

So im starting to build my pc but half way there im starting to doubt what im doing and im thinking maybe buying an xbox or ps4 would be better.

Can someone help me out ?

I only have my gpu i already sold my motherboard

At first i wanted to sell it so that i can buy a z170 motherboard , but now i see that maybe it would be better off to just go ahead and buy a console.

Help

Because PCMR

jk

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

What?
Tell us what parts you already have and how much money you have left.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

what GPU do you currently have? what is your budget?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Finish your pc, dont buy a console.

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

PC:

Mods

More games

Better online

More control options

Better graphics

Better framerates

cheaper games

Console:

local multiplayer

Destniy

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Free online gaming,

Option for getting pricer components for better graphics,

cheaper games and accessories,

modding,

PC exclusives and MMOs,

customisability,

And the list goes on and on.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Better graphics: Can also tweak based on hardware and preferences.

Cheaper games: multiple places to buy from. Many sales throughout the year.

Bigger library: there are no "generations". Also emulates older consoles.

Customization, modifications, personalization: Add, tweak, enhance your interface and games!

Real multi-tasking: office, web browsing, music, video, all of it, and at the same time.

For consoles, the argument all comes down to the games. What games do you want to play and are they exclusives? If they are, get a console. If they aren't, get a PC or console based on both your budget and what you want in terms of performance and graphic fidelity. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

PC Gaming

Pros: Steam, graphics, framerate, mods, customization

Cons: Expensive (if you want good graphics with bearable framerates), slightly complicated in the start ( not really that bad tho)

Console gaming:

Pros: Cheaper,exclusives

Cons: locked fps, not always that great garphics, 5€/month for online, more expensive games

In short: if you dont play much, dont care that much about graphics and performance, and want to save a bit of money (not at all really in the long run) then go for the console. Otherwise, PC

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

Just keep building you computer! I my self have owned PS4 and many consoles. And still i find my self building a PC and upgrading it. Because i mostly still play only on PC. It's just so cheap and easy when all building is done. Also PC communities are much more user friendly than console variant's of them. Also the amount of free games are amazing. 

Failure is not an option!

>destiny

And local multiplayer is all but dead.

for younger kids local multiplayer on games like MineCraft and terraria is actually quite nice, but for people who play real video games (i do love terraria though) PC all the way

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Don't buy a console, a console is locked down and is very hard to change the specs if at all. PC's are not locked down and you can change the hardware all you want.

Brah, do you even Java?

for younger kids local multiplayer on games like MineCraft and terraria is actually quite nice, but for people who play real video games (i do love terraria though) PC all the way

eww console minecraft

well you got me there

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Well for me the reason is that I need a PC anyway. So I spend $200 extra on a GPU, which is cheaper than spending $400 on a console.

Also the games are cheaper (or free) on a PC so in the end a console is not that much cheaper than a PC.

And the graphics are better on a PC than on a console.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Certain platform-exclusive titles such as Destiny and The Last of Us  aren't available on PC and may never come to PC (though in most cases we could care less). Additionally, few PC games support local (couch) co-op modes, though that may change if the Steam Machines form factor catches on. And if your friends are really tied to one particular platform you may not have a choice if you want to play with them.

Those aside, a gaming PC of comparable power does everything else a gaming console can do, and usually does it better… better graphics and/or better framerates, better customization, more competition making for better pricing, larger game library that stretches back decades, etc.

Do you have a specific concern about PC gaming that worries you? It might be more useful if we can address your actual fears.

So im starting to build my pc but half way there im starting to doubt what im doing and im thinking maybe buying an xbox or ps4 would be better.

At first i wanted to sell it so that i can buy a z170 motherboard , but now i see that maybe it would be better off to just go ahead and buy a console.

Help

Pro's

Cheaper over time

Options for everything

Better performance

Free online

More games

Free games

Mods

Con's

Higher upfront cost

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Help

PC is great for the games that are multiplatform and have a PC version, due to better resolution and frame rate, along more settings that you can't even mess with on a console game. Besides that, there's no extra paywall to play online games or to do any thing extra, like netflix (sorry 360/xbone users)

Console is good for console exclusive games like Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, Zelda and Mario. But the cons are, most newer games only run at 30 FPS and may or may not run at a True 1080p

Edit: Forgot about modding on PC, even games that are coming out now that used to be on console are getting mods, For example, the recent release of Final Fantasy V which came out last week already has 1 mod so far, with more on the way.