IPhone 6S and 6S Plus blow past any previous first weekend sales results in Apple’s history ( sold 13 million in the first 3 days)

Nineshadow

Most people buy an IPhone because they don't know what other kind of phone to buy. They don't know how to pick a phone that could be right for them , so they rather just go with something that a lot of other people have. Then they just buy the same thing again and again , since they've had experience with that product.

People may buy Apple, because they might already are invested in their eco system.

People may also buy Apple because they are happy with the other Apple products they own.

People may also buy because they know that even in 3+ years they still get an update for the latest iOS, thinking in the long term and not being abandonend on the side of the road, like with Android, where you can be happy if you even get one mayor update to a later version of Android.

People may also buy Apple because they want to upgrade, because they still use a iPhone 4 and didn't get the iOS 9 update, which is most likely the case with the incredibly high number.

People may also buy the new iPhone because they're geniuenly happy with the new announced updates to not necessarely just the hardware, but especially the camera.

And I buy it because I get a pretty substantial rebate on Apple products :D

My name is Homicidium, and I'm an Android user, who's going to switch to Apple, and this was my story. :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Not suprising, they're really good phones.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I wouldn't say people buy them all time for a full price. Most families that's been on contract for many years gets an upgrade to just about free. Like the latest flagship phones especially on same brand, you can get for merely $50.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

You pay for the brand... Look at the oneplus one 2 , a chinese company that makes new phones, and the one 2 will cost up to 400$ and has the same specs

Well for one, the OnePlus phones don't work on Verizon.

Two, iPhone have better support and Apple has excellent customer service, at least where I live.

And three, people know what they want.

But how? How does the amount of people that buy that crap keep getting higher?

Idiots and fanboys

Idiots and fanboys......

have you thought, and this is a little bit out there, but maybe, just maybe.....the iphone is a good phone?   i know fucking out there right!

You pay for the brand... Look at the oneplus one 2 , a chinese company that makes new phones, and the one 2 will cost up to 400$ and has the same specs

thats the problem with android fans...they think its all about the specs.....its not

I dont think anyone lines up infront of intel stores for 1 day to weeks just to get the a item on the same fucking day like waiting a couple days would affect anything. 

There is a gigantic group of people who say. APPLE IS THE GREATEST AND ALL OTHER PHONES ARE PLEBS IPHONE MASTERRACE

Sound like any group of people you know

but yea there the sheep obviously not you

people dont do that for games do they?.....oh wait  at the end of the day 13 milion people didnt queue up for an iphone most people preorder and get the phone delivered on release day

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

have you thought, and this is a little bit out there, but maybe, just maybe.....the iphone is a good phone?   i know fucking out there right!

thats the problem with android fans...they think its all about the specs.....its not

people dont do that for games do they?.....oh wait  at the end of the day 13 milion people didnt queue up for an iphone most people preorder and get the phone delivered on release day

Oh, maybe this is out there. I OWN AN IPAD

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

That's why I built my own phone. No one's calling me a sheep!

But in all seriousness, why the iPhone hate? Because they're expensive when not coupled with a plan or payments? Because I've never met someone who bought a phone without a plan. Ever in my life. Are there particular features? Why is the anti-Apple butthurt so strong? (Not that this is directed at you, ZetZet.)

It's disapointing that you haven't ever met someone who bought their phone outright. I have always bought mine outright, and know at lease a handful of others that do the same (college aged). It ends up being noticably cheaper over the course of 1.5-2yrs if you care enough to put a bit of time into it and get a more competitively priced phone. Now we have the Moto X PE, OnePlus 2, and Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P which are all solid devices available between $300-$500 rather than $650+ for even a basic Samsung/Apple phone. And the difference between $400 and $650 is basically $10 every month for 2 years. Just pointing out that just because a lot of people (especially Americans) have a certain mentality about upgrades and having the popular phones to fit in more or whatever, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be challenged. Honestly it takes a lot less energy to just grab an iPhone since it works for a lot of friends, it has to be at least pretty good. I think that's a bit part of the success is the extreme popularity/ advertising coupled with reasonably good testimonials from friends that lead to iPhone sales.

I wouldn't say people buy them all time for a full price. Most families that's been on contract for many years gets an upgrade to just about free. Like the latest flagship phones especially on same brand, you can get for merely $50.

Flagship phones never cost $50. EVER. You walk into the carrier store and give them $50-$300 bucks today, then you get to pay them $25 every month for 2 years just for the phone. If you try to leave at any point, they will just charge you ~$25xnumber of months left, so any way you look at it, you ARE paying $650-$850 for a new iPhone/Samsung phone on a carrier plan/contract. Alternately, you can get a well-priced pay-as-you-go plan sim and pop it in a phone you actually shop around for and pay less than half what you would at a carrier in some cases.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

I mean of course there's the everlasting comment of iPhone buyers being complete idiots, but I think this shows that those new features are acutally pretty great. I think Apple could become a fairly great company again, after their down since Jobs died.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#es_th=1&q=apple%20stock

Look at me, I make statements about things I know nothing about. 

It would have taken 5 seconds to google that. 

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#es_th=1&q=apple%20stock

Look at me, I make statements about things I know nothing about. 

It would have taken 5 seconds to google that. 

? I didn't really talk about their stock.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

And three, people know what they want.

I have to disagree with you on that. The majority of people buy iPhones because they have no idea what they want; they go with what's popular and what people say is "the best". The majority of the populace has it in their heads that the iPhone is the best thing ever, else why would so many other people buy it!? I'll tell you why: it's because everyone else is thinking the exact same thing. There's a reason the term "sheeple" exists. It doesn't just apply to Apple products, but they are the biggest example of people going about things with that mentality.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Yes, they've done what they were expected to do : improve hardware specs.

Still, the IPhone 6S only has a 1715mAh battery, and it has almost the same PPI and resolution as my old Galaxy S3. D: Live Photos are glorified small videos, and 3D Touch is nice but not extremely useful.

True. But still, do you actually need a higher resolution and a bigger battery? I certainly don't and if you do, please just use an Android phone. I don't even know why you would debate whether to use Android or iOS. Every phone has it's pros and it's cons.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

I have to disagree with you on that. The majority of people buy iPhones because they have no idea what they want; they go with what's popular and what people say is "the best". 

Can you justify that statement? How do you know they don't know what they want?

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

with no NFC...

even the freaking one plus one had NFC!!!

:)

I don't hate apple. Just the bad products. Like iPhone 6s which is exactly the same as 6. Which wasn't the greatest a year ago.

How is the 6s the same as the 6? Apple has improved the iphone in many areas such as:

• A new A9 processor, which is significantly faster than the A8
  • Faster storage 
  • A better 12mp camera over the 8mp camera in the iphone 6
  • A new screen for 3D touch features.

Those seem like pretty significant upgrades to me, so to say that the iPhone 6s is exactly the same as the 6 is just foolish.

I have to disagree with you on that. The majority of people buy iPhones because they have no idea what they want; they go with what's popular and what people say is "the best". The majority of the populace has it in their heads that the iPhone is the best thing ever, else why would so many other people buy it!? I'll tell you why: it's because everyone else is thinking the exact same thing. There's a reason the term "sheeple" exists. It doesn't just apply to Apple products, but they are the biggest example of people going about things with that mentality.

I don't think that's the case, at least not like most people make it out to be. Yes, Apple shills exist; are you calling them sheeple because they just don't have android phones or are you calling them that because you know for a fact that they would lick any Apple CEO's nutsack?

It's unfair to just assume that Apple's major customer demographic doesn't know anything about what they have.

This is coming from someone who has a family member who thinks of me as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about when I said the iPhone 6 (non plus) isn't worth buying.

Oh, maybe this is out there. I OWN AN IPAD

your point?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I don't think that's the case, at least not like most people make it out to be. Yes, Apple shills exist; are you calling them sheeple because they just don't have android phones or are you calling them that because you know for a fact that they would lick any Apple CEO's nutsack?

It's unfair to just assume that Apple's major customer demographic doesn't know anything about what they have.

This is coming from someone who has a family member who thinks of me as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about when I said the iPhone 6 (non plus) isn't worth buying.

Why might the iPhone 6 non plus be not worth buying? Not everyone likes a phablet you know...

Why might the iPhone 6 non plus be not worth buying? Not everyone likes a phablet you know...

The battery and the camera are subpar to the 6+, so you may as well deal with the larger screen and extra cost.

The battery and the camera are subpar to the 6+, so you may as well deal with the larger screen and extra cost.

From experience, IMO larger screens are a pain in the butt. According to Apple, the camera is the same, and battery is changed little enough that you still have to charge both every night and can get through the day on it, sooo

have you guys noticed that in stores the 2013 iphone 5S is more expensive than the 2015 galaxy s6 ? it holds its resell value very very good unlike....any other phone so ppl who bought the 6s  made a good deal.

and ofc iphones are very good. no questions about it. its the fastest at apps,browsing(important for me),updates and the OS is very optimised. android lollipop is meh and all new phones have the sd 810 which i hate so much

6+/s+ doesn't fit in my skinny jeans.  Also, bigger phones are a liability at the club. Some of us go out, where big phones are a pain. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I love all the criticism to apple users saying they are fanboys, and yet we are here using Android and harping on how much better it is than iOS saying anyone that uses an apple product is a sheep. I have owned just about every major flagship phone from Android and Apple and i choose to use the iPhone 6S Plus as my daily driver. TouchID is a great feature that i use on a lot of my apps, from my password manager, to all my banking applications and Amazon allow me to sign in with TouchID instead of typing out my password every time, its extremely convenient. (yes i am aware some android apps use finger print as well but not nearly as many) I love Android, but its just too fragmented for me to want to use every day, some phones have features that would be amazing, but they only work with the same phone model, which really ruins a lot of great innovations IMO.

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

6+/s+ doesn't fit in my skinny jeans. Also, bigger phones are a liability at the club. Some of us go out, where big phones are a pain.

The 6S has improvements that would make me give the 'ok' on it.

I was just saying the 6+ is hard to pass up due to it's battery life and camera; that got fixed this revision though.