iRacing vs Assetto Corsa vs Project Cars

Umegadem

I am getting a new game soon and i am starting to have interest in racing games. These 3 games looks promising, however which one is better? I am not looking into getting competitive and just have to have fun playing it. I dont like a toxic community. I also look into graphics. Which should i choose from your opinion? Thanks.

If u have any other suggestions u can tell me about the game.

Forza 6.

jk :P

It is a great game tho. AND I WANT IT :(

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

AC hands down, plus there are just so much mods for it...

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

ive i remember correctly asseto corsa has the best controller support

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I am getting a new game soon and i am starting to have interest in racing games. These 3 games looks promising, however which one is better? I am not looking into getting competitive and just have to have fun playing it. I dont like a toxic community. I also look into graphics. Which should i choose from your opinion? Thanks.

PCars. Of those 3 it has the best graphics, dynamic weather and time of day (or night). AC is a close 2nd with a bit more realistic physics. IRacing has the more realistic physics but lower quality graphics. Competition in iracing is extremely serious and the pay structure is different. 

PCars would be best suited for what you're looking for, IMO. I've been having an absolute blast playing it over the last week or so. It's great if you just want to jump into a quick race or play with the day/night cycle and weather. Couple friends of mine and I did a night race in a thunderstorm with poring rain on the nurburgring. It was an experience to say the least. :D 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Unless you have a racing wheel, don't get Assetto Corsa, it's pretty terrible with a controller.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

If you want to get the feeling of racing a real car, Asetto Corsa is what you need (iRacing being discarded because of the graphics and the serious community). With a wheel, you get the bumps and all. Tracks are laser scanned. It's great and look amazing. With the assists at off, it can get quite difficult... but fun :) AC has a lots of mods already. It really feels like a true PC game and not a port. 

Project cars is more arcade but still realistic enough. I didn't try it yet. I hesitated a lot between the two. Some of the tracks are laser scanned, but not all. PCars doesn't have a real "Campaign" where you unlock cars... So that's something you should look at and if it fits you. It does look a little bit better, mostly due to the weather effects. On the same track and time it's really hard to tell which is which. 

Just look for some comparaison on youtube to make up your mind. There's a million of thoses. Just make sure you check the date as games evolved quite a bit and some reviews are completly outdated. That's how I went for AC. 

It's not even close, iRacing is the best racing experience here.  Yes, it costs the most but still it's the best.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

You using wheel controller? 

I recommend Assetto Corsa for it's mods but it could overwhelm newcomer a little bit. pCars is close 2nd, if you using wheel with crappy FFB or non-FFB or Joypad, pCars is the one for you.

iRacing is all about seriousness.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

As everyone has said it basically stacks up as follows:

iRacing - sacrifices a lot of eye candy for realistic physics and a hardcore community. Also involves a subscription service - it should not be your first racing sim*;

Assetto Corsa - This is the "goldilocks" game as the physics are top notch, the feedback is great and it looks much better than iRacing;

ProjectCARS - All about dat eye candy yo! The general physics are spongey but I found the force feedback through a wheel good enough to really enjoy the game.

I own AC and PC and purely due to the fact more of my friends own PC has meant I played more of that than AC. And PC really does look gorgeous.

*I use the term sim to cover all 3 games even though purists consider ProjectCARS to be an arcade style racer.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

I would go with Project Cars but you can't go wrong with Assetto Corsa either.
The great thing about Project Cars is that you can set the game up how you want it to.
If you like it more arcade like you can turn on tons of assists and help UI but if you like it realistic you can also turn everything realistic but keep in mind that both are pretty hard to drive with a controller if you don't take time to set it up.

RTX2070OC 

Gran Turismo 6>>>>

Over 1200 cars bruh.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.