Dead pixel in front of my screen?

Virtual01

I just noticed something strange on my display. It seems like I have a dead pixel, but it exists in front of the rest of the pixels. I did a quick test to determine this. I put the crosshair in paint exactly on the pixel I believe to be dead, then moved my head. The dead pixel "moved" out from under the crosshair, in the same direction I moved my head, as if it existed in front of the rest of the pixels on my monitor. Is this normal? I just noticed it today and I highly doubt it's been there for more than a few days. Is there some sort of fix?

I'm wondering if I should try to invoke me warranty. I have the Acer XB270HU, I'm not about to let it slide on an $800 monitor. Not sure what Acer's warranty says, but it may only come into play if 3 or more pixels are dead.

Before you say it, no, it's not dirt of any kind. I wiped at it with several cloths and it doesn't feel like there is any kind of debris on the screen.

Try pressing really hard on the dead pixel.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Try pressing really hard on the dead pixel.

Trying to avoid doing that unless it's a last resort. Not trying to void my warranty.

Trying to avoid doing that unless it's a last resort. Not trying to void my warranty.

how would pressing on the screen void the warranty? opening it is what voids it.

Flick the screen

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Before you do anything that could potentially screw up the monitor even more, call up Acer and ask what they can do for you.

Before you do anything that could potentially screw up the monitor even more, call up Acer and ask what they can do for you.

Will do in the morning. It doesn't look completely dead, just kind of greyish. I'm trying out some ghetto software that flashes your screen lots of colors really fast. Supposedly it can work to fix this sort of thing. Not really hopeful though.

Will do in the morning. It doesn't look completely dead, just kind of greyish. I'm trying out some ghetto software that flashes your screen lots of colors really fast. Supposedly it can work to fix this sort of thing. Not really hopeful though.

Let us know how that goes too, with Acer. I keep seeing bad things about them and Asus.

Let us know how that goes too, with Acer. I keep seeing bad things about them and Asus.

At the end of the day it's not a huge deal. It's in the bottom corner so I'll rarely notice it. I just don't want this to be a bad sign of things to come.

na, that fixed my dead spot for me. 

Linus himself said it once.

@2m57s

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Acer like every other monitor/screen manufacture has a specific dead pixel policy most are broken down to 2 differnt types of failures center of screen and outside part. Drawing a tictactoe on your screen the center rectangle is the middle everything else is outside. The outside usually is a handful or more dead pixels before covered under warranty where the middle is usually 1-2 dead pixels. All of this again depends on the warranty provided. All of that being said as long as it isn't something physically on the screen like a bug. Rubbing it could help other than that you will be hard pressed to fix it because this would be in the panel portion of the monitor and typically fixing a panel requires a clean room environment.