Fx-4350 or i5-4690k

For gaming which would be the better prosser keeping in mind that the i5 is more than twice as much is it worth it or is there a third option you would recomend

i5 hands down

Edit - Is this a troll?

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

This must be a troll.IF you even know what a 4690k is why would you need to ask whats better

i5 is a lot better. Even an i3 could outperform the 4350.

But will it's gaming performance be twice as good?

This must be a troll.IF you even know what a 4690k is why would you need to ask whats better

I'm asking would it really matter that much in gaming paired with an r9 390 or gtx 970

I'm asking would it really matter that much in gaming paired with an r9 390 or gtx 970

the 4350 would bottleneck the 4690k wouldnt

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Yes. The video cards wouldn't be bottlenecked and the performance will be like 3 times as good

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Yes it would mater

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

i5. Take the i5 over any AMD. Because its single threaded performance isn't terrible like the FX series.

Just to let you know, the "4 Core" 4GHZ FX is basically a 2 core Haswell equivalent Intel CPU that runs around 1.9-2GHZ in single core performance. The CMT core in the Vishera cpu is just split into 2 weaker cores which results into poor single core performance as Bulldozer was made for multi threaded...

Just to let you know, the "4 Core" 4GHZ FX is basically a 2 core Haswell equivalent Intel CPU that runs around 1.9-2GHZ in single core performance. The CMT core in the Vishera cpu is just split into 2 weaker cores which results into poor single core performance as Bulldozer was made for multi threaded...

so would it be worth it to look at an 8 core amd

No, 8 core FX have the same single core performance as a 4 core FX because the CPU core is just the same, 8xxx have 2 more modules. 

No and maybe. For right now, no, unless the game uses more than 4 cores which not many do, it is a waste of money for gaming. If DX12 and Vulcan then maybe but we're still a ways away from validating this as having any real world performance because we're still aways from either releasing. The I5 will likely not give you 2x the performance in many games (There are games where this will be the case (ex. MMO, RTS) but for most titles the differences will not see a significant boost in performance, but I would recommend the I5, we are very near the end of the FX lifespan where popular titles that are not MMO or RTS; these that are bottlenecked by FX CPUs are becoming more common. It's about time to retire the FX line. 

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Unless you're really going to be thrashing it hard, overclock the hell out of one of the FX-6300 chips, and use the (substantial) amount of money you have left over and invite a girl out for a meal. If money isn't too much of an issue, and you're not too bothered about the females, then obviously get the i5, it'll batter most similarly spec'd AMD stuff.

Eeh, by gum.

ThrustJetViperPowerMustang: FX-6100 @4.4GHz (Stock Cooler) / 4x4GB Hyperam @ 1333MHz / OCZ Octane 250GB SSD / Asus HD6670 2GDDR3 / Asus M5A78LM-USB3