Photoshop worth learning? How hard is it?

ilove64

Hey, I really like the concept of Photoshop but whenever I think about if I want to go into all of that, I refuse to because of the fear that it would take me a very long time to even get the basics.

If you use photoshop, how long does it take getting used to the basics of it, thank you.

Depends on your end goal

Basics are easy.

Not hard at all.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

relatively easy - if you don't want to invest - download GiMP and try for free (it's a free version essentially)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

The basics of photoshop you can learn in an afternoon.

The 'standard' uses of photoshop perhaps a week or two to start to get the hang of it.

The complete understanding of photoshop can take years to fully get w/o some professional course teaching you. I've been using photoshop for close to 6 years now, and still can't say I know even 90% of all the features/uses of the programs

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Don't use Gimp if you want to learn Photoshop, all the controls are different. Get Photoshop Elements.

I learned a lot within the week i was in photoshop class before i switched out. It's pretty easy on adobe photoshop on mac, idk about pc

Unless you plan to become a professional I'd advise to learn gimp instead. It supports a wider variety of platforms, is open source and last but certainly not least is 100% free. And while the shortcuts may be very different, at the end of the day the functions are pretty similar to photoshop, so it's not impossible to transfer the knowledge later on.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Really easy. Basic tools are very easy to learn, only when you want to do very specific things does it get more complicated. Even then, there are step by step videos.

I learned a lot within the week i was in photoshop class before i switched out. It's pretty easy on adobe photoshop on mac, idk about pc

the pc version is basically identical afaik

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

• 4 weeks later...