NASA Map Shows Chance Of Asteroid Hitting Earth

TGBSeth

A new NASA map shows how likely it is that an asteroid could hit Earth. Well, sort of. The map actually shows just how many asteroids are constantly flying around Earth with the potential to completely wipe out entire sections of our planet. 

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/902632/nasa-map-shows-chance-of-asteroid-hitting-earth/#K81hIiEH6xcQVwXs.99

There's always a chance of something hitting us.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

"based off of NASA’s careful calculations, an asteroid hitting Earth this century is not something to worry about."

Thanks nasa that would really help me go to bed at night IF I LIVED LESS THAN A DECADE

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

This is probably just going to be one of those things where everyone is talking about it then nothing happens. Just like the nukes in Korea.

its going to happen eventually its just convenient if it happens now when we are alive and only just able to defend ourselves (or not able) and that it didn't happen before

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

WHAAAT?!?   

i don't want to die am too young  :ph34r: 

Haha, Probably not too serious.

This is probably just going to be one of those things where everyone is talking about it then nothing happens. Just like the nukes in Korea.

Yep probably, worth thinking about though. It is cool.

It's an updated map, and it's the same as the old one, just with more asteroids, no cause for alarm. Most of them just cross paths with our orbit, not really with the Earth itself, like Pluto and Neptune.

There's always a chance of something hitting us.

But we are lucky :P, last time something did hit us (with catastrophic scenario) was (maybe) 65 million years ago, so I'm quite happy to say that we are very safe :).

But we are lucky :P, last time something did hit us (with catastrophic scenario) was (maybe) 65 million years ago, so I'm quite happy to say that we are very safe :).

Lucky, very much so. However there's always the chance of something hitting us.

That said, (nearly) everything that could get through atmo and make even a somewhat disastrous ecological impact is tracked. Still could hit though, iirc there's plans in place if we ever do find one on a collision course

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Lucky, very much so. However there's always the chance of something hitting us.

That said, (nearly) everything that could get through atmo and make even a somewhat disastrous ecological impact is tracked. Still could hit though, iirc there's plans in place if we ever do find one on a collision course

Well, one can go outside and get hit by a car, there is always chance ofc., but not probability ;).

Well, one can go outside and get hit by a car, there is always chance ofc., but not probability ;).

... Chance is probability O.o

There's a chance i could teleport to Mars in a few seconds, it's low, but it's there. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

... Chance is probability O.o

There's a chance i could teleport to Mars in a few seconds, it's low, but it's there. 

LOL, we drifting away from topic :). There is a chance you will teleport to the moon in a few secs., but it is not very probable. :D

LOL, we drifting away from topic :). There is a chance you will teleport to the moon in a few secs., but it is not very probable. :D

Your quote and your avatar combined makes me think of the starship Heart of Gold.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Don't worry guys, we still have Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck to save the day ;)

This isn't really new info...  Seems like it's going to be a media headline used to cause panic and sell ads. Nothing but FUD.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

What nukes. Korea doesn't have any. Even if they did their rockets could only get them to the bottom of the sea. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

"based off of NASA’s careful calculations, an asteroid hitting Earth this century is not something to worry about."

Thanks nasa that would really help me go to bed at night IF I LIVED LESS THAN A DECADE

Even if the chance were high, do you really think NASA would tell the public?

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

WHAAAT?!?   

i don't want to die am too young  :ph34r: 

Best avatar

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Everyone RUN TO MARS

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

HE did not say 9xxx series its a mircale

HE did not say 9xxx series its a mircale

It's in my signature so technically I did. :D

Your quote and your avatar combined makes me think of the starship Heart of Gold.

lol. that is completely different system, system of Infinite Improbability. :D

Even if the chance were high, do you really think NASA would tell the public?

what's stopping them is there some law/rule that i don't know Of? Or have you just watched too many movies

well, if we're all going to die I'm off to find some hard core drugs and a sheep.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.