Worth getting City Skylines if i have Sim City already?

Totallycasual

I already have Sim City, people speak pretty highly of City Skylines but is it different enough (better) to warrant another purchase? 

YES! YES !!! 1000X YES

SIM CITY IS LE WORST COMPARED TO CITIES SKYLINES!

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

i'd describe it as "simcity without EA"

its basicly a modern day simcity, without the need of applying to the audience that comes from the last release of simcity.

things are very different, but still familiar.

all the infrastructures are there, the different types of plots are there. but everything is "fresher" and doesnt need to apply to the concept we've been used to.

EDIT: PS: yes, worth it.

Yes.

The both play very similarly, but skylines has decent features that should've been in SimCity. It's literally what SimCity should have been. Not to mention the devs behind skylines seem to be decent people, giving us free features that could've easily been shoved into a DLC.

Ok thanks guys, maybe i'll go check it out :) 

One more question, are the maps bigger? i found it frustrating with Sim City that the maps were too small, i think if you have a good enough computer to handle a massive city they should let you make it however you like it. 

Yes.

The both play very similarly, but skylines has decent features that should've been in SimCity. It's literally what SimCity should have been. Not to mention the devs behind skylines seem to be decent people, giving us free features that could've easily been shoved into a DLC.

Actually they did release an expansion this week, but most of its contents were released as an update to the base game anyway.  Buying the expansion at this point is more of a way to support the developers and thank them for all the work they're still doing to improve the game. 

@Newenthusiast : The map you start out with is a 2km x 2km square, about the size of the SimCity map.  But you can expand to 8 more tiles of that size (pretty much in any shape or direction you want).  Or you can add a mod that allows you to go up to 25. 

It's close, yet with a few key differences:

1) A metric fuckton of mods

2) Truly fucking huge cities are doable

This pretty much overshadows a lot of what you can do in Simcity. Even after some of the missing features were later added to Simcity by mods it's usually just the appearance of bigger cities and jerky, out of aligment city extensions to make em look less isolated, not truly massive metropolis.

Edit: nevermind your 4770k has you covered.

-------

Current Rig

-------