Best paid antivirus software.

Pcinacan

Kaspersky

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Why does your internet Data cap have anything to do with you doing a fresh install?

You're going to be doing it via CD or bootable USB correct? That doesn't use internet Data.

Took me like 20minutes to do a full install on my pc. win7

no to reinstall all of my games and things 

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

There have been several viruses for macs that caught people off guard.

No, there haven't.

The best paid AV is any of them, as long as it is up to date and you have some common sense when browsing the web or when downloading something. The rest is all about your preferences.

I personally like Norton, it's easy to understand, has all the features you could want and is fast. In 10+ years of using it, I never got a single viruses.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Norton and MalwareBytes are the best, IMO

Although for Norton, it gets super annoying when Google Chrome is downloading an update and it always is like "File is OK" in the middle of something.

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

Norton was incredible, but my one year plan ran out and Ive been too lazy to renew it smh :(

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I've been running Norton 360 (Which is now Norton Security) for over 8 years. It has never given me any issues and the new Norton versions are very fast.

However, keep in mind that no antivirus is completely perfect.

I think we really need a sticky on this, or recommend software in general. This question is asked too much. This thread should be a sticky, but of course, should be audited for errors and such beforehand..

That aside:

For free AV you should either get Avira or Bitdefender. Bitdefender is more lightweight, but it doesn't give you many options in terms of control or how it works.

If you want a paid one then either Bitdefender or Kaspersky. I would probably go with Kaspersky just for the fact that their team has found a lot of security issues in the past. You can also check out AVTEST, a third-party company that rates AVs. (Bitdefender and Kaspersky are the top 2)

Do not get Avast!, as it is complete shit. Go to this link to find out why.

You will also want to scan your computer weekly, or whatever amount of time you are comfortable with, with Malwarebytes. Just to be clear, Malwarebytes is NOT an AV, nor should it be used like one. So do not run it along side your AV, only use it is a scanner. Make sure to not accept the trial it offers, and to disable it on startup.

Or just use Windows 10's built-in one.

Webroot? I got it after reading multiple reviews and here it's really lightweight. It's not intrusive at all, which is nice. The only think is it installs a browser plugin that you can disable just like any other plugin.

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

I've tried quite a few and I stick with Kaspersky PURE(Total Security now) and Bitdefender Total Security(Current one). Both of them are the best imo. I also use Malwarebytes along side. Even though I use them I wouldn't rely on them to fully protect me because there is multiple ways to get around them...

I would like to remind everyone here that malwarebytes ISN'T AN ANTIVIRUS

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile