The best CPU and motherboard for future upgrade

I just want you guys to give your ideas

Witch of them us good combination for both gaming and editing pc built

I want add 2 gpu's and 32gb ram you may give choice of AMD or Intel processor so guys make it fast

budget?

Edit: Also we are not being paid to help you in a timely manner

socket 1151 motherboard (preferrably Z170 for overclocking options) with an i3 or i5, with room for future upgrade to an i7, as well as future CPU generations on that socket

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5820k and an x99 mobo is the best if you can afford it.  It offers upgrade to an Extreme edition i7.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

budget?

Edit: Also we are not being paid to help you in a timely manner

There is no budget for this built

socket 1151 motherboard (preferrably Z170 for overclocking options) with an i3 or i5, with room for future upgrade to an i7, as well as future CPU generations on that socket

I prefer the brand and module no.. Bro

5820k and an x99 mobo is the best if you can afford it.  It offers upgrade to an Extreme edition i7.

not really, you only need a CPU with that many cores if youre doing rendering or 3d modeling and stuff like that

broadwell, skylake and future generations have better single core performance, so they will perform better in everything that uses 8 cores or less

you also have the option to upgrade to future generations

skylake -e will require a new socket, so X99 is definitely not worth investing in if you want to upgrade in the future

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you're on a budget, no reason to go with the 1151 over the 1150. If you're not, then spend it.

New idea for no budget bro...

not really, you only need a CPU with that many cores if youre doing rendering or 3d modeling and stuff like that

broadwell, skylake and future generations have better single core performance, so they will perform better in everything that uses 8 cores or less

skylake -e will require a new socket, so X99 is definitely not worth investing in if you want to upgrade in the future

Issue there is MOBOs will change too. By the time the 1150 isn't relevant nether are the new 1151 boards. Might as well get what's proven,

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Nice idea but if we want the computer to be used for both that might be not so good idea so for tank's

Issue there is MOBOs will change too. By the time the 1150 isn't relevant nether are the new 1151 boards. Might as well get what's proven,

Worth for upgrade

Worth for upgrade

If that's a question, only for bragging rights. Games care about GPUs, spend the money where it will get you the most benefit.

I prefer the brand and module no.. Bro

anything Z170 from asus

pick the one you like based on features, price, and looks

Z170 is the socket that will last the longest into the future, since its the most recently released one

and then buy an i3,i5, or i7 based on what you want to spend

Spoiler

um, no because 1151 came out after 2011-3 which came out after 1150

so 1150 will be older than 2011-3 which will be older than 1151

they dont become "irrelevant" after a certain amount of time

but the newer the socket you buy, obviously you will have longer support than other sockets

thats how products evolve normally

one comes after the other

the newer the one you buy, the longer time you have before something even newer comes out

Spoiler

If that's a question, only for bragging rights. Games care about GPUs, spend the money where it will get you the most benefit.

We know that the over clock will help us to get more juices out of it but there we req. more cooling system for that and gpu's

Nice idea but if we want the computer to be used for both that might be not so good idea so for tank's

a 4 core 8 thread 6700k is more than enough for video editing and rendering

x99 is only worth it if you dont mind dropping $2k on a socket then $2k a few years later, then $2k a few years after that

so unless you make money from whatever youre doing with that x99 PC, its mostly a waste of money for a few minutes faster rendering times

Spoiler

anything Z170 from asus

pick the one you like based on features, price, and looks

Z170 is the socket that will last the longest into the future, since its the most recently released one

and then buy an i3,i5, or i7 based on what you want to spend

Great I think most of the Asus motherboard are made for the pc built I want to implement new ideas for such kind of thing's

um, no because 1151 came out after 2011-3 which came out after 1150

so 1150 will be older than 2011-3 which will be older than 1151

they dont become "irrelevant" after a certain amount of time

but the newer the socket you buy, obviously you will have longer support than other sockets

thats how products evolve normally

one comes after the other

the newer the one you buy, the longer time you have before something even newer comes out

You missed my point. If all that matters is you have the newest thing out, then there will be improvements in motherboards just like CPU, GPUs, etc. If you're running more than two GPUs, then the 1151 has it's place. If you want to say you have the latest, go for it. But don't kid yourself that getting a 170 somehow will make it cooler, longer.

You missed my point. If all that matters is you have the newest thing out, then there will be improvements in motherboards just like CPU, GPUs, etc. If you're running more than two GPUs, then the 1151 has it's place. If you want to say you have the latest, go for it. But don't kid yourself that getting a 170 somehow will make it cooler, longer.

well compared to 1150, it will be longer

just like 1150 lasts longer than 1155

and 1155 lasted longer than 1156

and each time the CPUs just get better

if you buy a 1150 motherboard, then you're never going to get anything better than the 5770C, because intel stops releasing CPUs on that platform once a new one comes out

but if you buy a 1151 motherboard, there will still be CPUs in the future that will work on that socket

look at what happened with 1150

first there was the 4770k, then 4790k, then 5770C

so you had a 2.5 generation life span

but if you buy 1150 now, you won't get any new CPUs, because all the new ones will be for 1151

so technically, socket 1151 is the most 'future proof' socket currently available

and yes i know that term shouldnt be used, but you get my point

Spoiler

well compared to 1150, it will be longer

just like 1150 lasts longer than 1155

and 1155 lasted longer than 1156

and each time the CPUs just get better

if you buy a 1150 motherboard, then you're never going to get anything better than the 5770C, because intel stops releasing CPUs on that platform once a new one comes out

but if you buy a 1151 motherboard, there will still be CPUs in the future that will work on that socket

look at what happened with 1150

first there was the 4770k, then 4790k, then 5770C

so you had a 2.5 generation life span

but if you buy 1150 now, you won't get any new CPUs, because all the new ones will be for 1151

so technically, socket 1151 is the most 'future proof' socket currently available

and yes i know that term shouldnt be used, but you get my point

I get your point, I support getting the product that anyone is the most happy with. The purchase isn't all about benchmarks and fps. But there's always something new, so a builds lifespan isn't rooted in the motherboard in my opinion. I could switch out everything but my CPU and ram onto a 170 board and CPU combo from NewEgg once the price drops. You want lasting curb appeal, get the newest case. That's not a half hour switch. The new Coolmaster modular case for example.

Realistically, no current AMD socket has a real upgrade path at the moment. If you only want 2 graphics cards, then I would go for LGA1151 socket, as it has a mostly guaranteed upgrade path from here.

So, CPU suggestions: At the moment, the i7 6700k is the fastest processor on that socket. At stock speeds it boosts up to 4.2 ghz, with four physical cores, with a total of 8 threads due to hyperthreading, However, if multithreaded performance isn't as big a deal for you, then the i5 6600k is also strong. Realistically, if you are planning to upgrade down the line, by the time either of those, (especially the i7) is slowing down your computer, the socket will likely be equally obsolete. Bear that in mind.

For motherboards, it depends on the form factor you want. Going from smallest to largest, we can rule out mini ITX because it only supports 1 graphics card. Moving up to micro-atx, for the best experience go for either the GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5, the Asus Z170M-Plus or the Asus Maximus VIII Gene. Between these, the functional differences are little.

With ATX boards, overall, it doesn't really matter. Just make sure that it has the Z170 chipset, and supports SLI/Crossfire. Without more specific information I can't really help.

Realistically, no current AMD socket has a real upgrade path at the moment. If you only want 2 graphics cards, then I would go for LGA1151 socket, as it has a mostly guaranteed upgrade path from here.

So, CPU suggestions: At the moment, the i7 6700k is the fastest processor on that socket. At stock speeds it boosts up to 4.2 ghz, with four physical cores, with a total of 8 threads due to hyperthreading, However, if multithreaded performance isn't as big a deal for you, then the i5 6600k is also strong. Realistically, if you are planning to upgrade down the line, by the time either of those, (especially the i7) is slowing down your computer, the socket will likely be equally obsolete. Bear that in mind.

For motherboards, it depends on the form factor you want. Going from smallest to largest, we can rule out mini ITX because it only supports 1 graphics card. Moving up to micro-atx, for the best experience go for either the GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5, the Asus Z170M-Plus or the Asus Maximus VIII Gene. Between these, the functional differences are little.

With ATX boards, overall, it doesn't really matter. Just make sure that it has the Z170 chipset, and supports SLI/Crossfire. Without more specific information I can't really help.

Thanks for your help buddy

CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($1009.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Asus RAMPAGE V EXTREME EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($518.53 @ Amazon) 

Total: $1528.52

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-26 12:02 EDT-0400

I just want you guys to give your ideas

Witch of them us good combination for both gaming and editing pc built

I want add 2 gpu's and 32gb ram you may give choice of AMD or Intel processor so guys make it fast

I'd go with the 5960X and a couple 980 Ti's in the Rampage board, corsair dominator ram, and a pci-e SSD, with a WD Black or a 1TB 850 EVO for storage.. Skylake doesn't really impress me. 5960X is still the best at the moment. It will probably be 2017 before we get something that will replace it and leave it being second fiddle.

Skylake-E will have a likely replacement late 2016 or early 2017 if it stays on schedule.

http://wccftech.com/intel-desktop-roadmap-2015-2h-2016-skylake-s-broadwell-e/