Why does photoshop run bad this pc but good in this ome

ThatOneGuyThatFlew

So photoshop runs 100% perfectly on a core 2 duo with intrigued graphics and 4gb of ram and it's a laptop

But on this desktop a x4 760k r7 260 and 4gb of ram it lags and freezes a lot and I did virus scan with 3 different prof as and malware check and its 100% clean the the HDD has 800GB of free space so I don't get it

Any reason why?

So photoshop runs 100% perfectly on a core 2 duo with intrigued graphics and 4gb of ram and it's a laptop

But on this desktop a x4 760k r7 260 and 4gb of ram it lags and freezes a lot and I did virus scan with 3 different prof as and malware check and its 100% clean the the HDD has 800GB of free space so I don't get it

Any reason why?

Intel>AMD

inb4 get the snot beat out of me.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

How much RAM is allocated for Adobe software on it? I can ball pretty hard on my E4300 with only 2GB of RAM, and I have it set for the Adobe software to whore up only 768MB...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Any reason why?

Probably crapware running in the background. I'm guessing it's 100% software related

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Intel>AMD

even if that the duo was used for 3 years and has over heated multiple times and the x4 is like a year old and kept perfectly

Intel>AMD

I don't think anyone here would beat you up for saying that... And if they would, they're wrong. *hides*

Probably crapware running in the background. I'm guessing it's 100% software related

I check my task manager and the only problem I see is my disk goes to 100 from using it but it's we'd became windows explorer uses like 90% of my disk normally witch is really bad

I don't think anyone here would beat you up for saying that... And if they would, they're wrong. *hides*

everyone should know Intel CPUs are better but not for the cost

even if that the duo was used for 3 years and has over heated multiple times and the x4 is like a year old and kept perfectly

everyone should know Intel CPUs are better but not for the cost

Better cores make it worth it. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

Better cores make it worth it.

yeah but not for people on a budget it's like get a 2 core CPU from Intel for $80 or get a 4 core for $80 from AMD

yeah but not for people on a budget it's like get a 2 core CPU from Intel for $80 or get a 4 core for $80 from AMD

It doesn't matter. A 4 core Intel CPU can destroy an 8 core AMD CPU.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-4690K-vs-AMD-FX-9590/2432vs1812

This should give you an idea of price to performance.

It doesn't matter. A 4 core Intel CPU can destroy an 8 core AMD CPU.

xD not stock you have to OC it witch makes it dumb because then you spend more on a motherboard to OC and in the end you spend more so get your fan boying out of here just like everything don't be a pussy and side with the side that has more fans to be cool I just pick whatever works regaudless of brand

xD not stock you have to OC it witch makes it dumb because then you spend more on a motherboard to OC and in the end you spend more so get your fan boying out of here just like everything don't be a pussy and side with the side that has more fans to be cool I just pick whatever works regaudless of brand

Read the benchmarks before you spread your falsified BS.

Read the benchmarks before you spread your falsified BS.

benchmarked them myself bro don't hop on the bandwagon so fast

benchmarked them myself bro don't hop on the bandwagon so fast

Yeah, right. You didn't even read it.

post-233981-0-48167900-1443035126.png

Seriously, please educate yourself before you wreck yourself. Higher clock speeds do not matter, more cores do not matter. Please realize this.

Yeah, right. You didn't even read it.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Seriously, please educate yourself before you wreck yourself. Higher clock speeds do not matter, more cores do not matter. Please realize this.

play some far cry 4 on your 2 cores then tell me how it doesn't matter 

play some far cry 4 on your 2 cores then tell me how it doesn't matter 

Yeah, no... Cores don't matter in gaming when you're talking cheapo chips; the Intel 2 core will still outrun the 4 core 760K. It's all about single core performance; that is, the number of FLOPS each core can accomplish by itself. This is something AMD doesn't have, hasn't had, and probably never will have an advantage over Intel. If anyone's fanboying here, it's you.

Yeah, no... Cores don't matter in gaming when you're talking cheapo chips; the Intel 2 core will still outrun the 4 core 760K. It's all about single core performance; that is, the number of FLOPS each core can accomplish by itself. This is something AMD doesn't have, hasn't had, and probably never will have an advantage over Intel. If anyone's fanboying here, it's you.

Don't be retarderd keep it civil, with single threaded applications Intel cpu's preform better. However they have a high price premium. In Multi threaded applications such as transcoding AMD preforms very well and is priced lower.

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

some games like far cry 4 idk if its still but they wont run on 2 cores even if its strong enough to run it.

and if im a fan boy new build would not have an I7 and a 290x it would have AMD CPU wouldn't it? and not every thing does better per single core performance bro

Don't be retarderd keep it civil, with single threaded applications Intel cpu's preform better. However they have a high price premium. In Multi threaded applications such as transcoding AMD preforms very well and is priced lower.

Pretty much.

I would say the issue is software related, you shouldn't have any issues with that setup. It's possible that the OS is old and a little broken, maybe run an SFC?

Edit: When you say it runs badly how does it behave? Have you allocated it more RAM in the settings? Have you installed the latest version of your graphics drivers?

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Back to the topic.

OP,  what HD are you using? is it stuffed full of junk? If so it might just need a simple defrag to speed things up.

How much programs running in the background? even after checking the task manager. What OS are you running?