Can Folding@home work without internet connection all the time

I have internet connection only between the hours 10AM till 11:30PM (don't ask, It's complicated to explain), can I keep folding and it will send the things it did after I go back online? Or It will be stupid because by that time someone else already did the calculations my computer did offline?

Go ahead and fold. The only problem would be not getting a new WU in the middle of the night. As soon as the connection comes back, it'll sort it's self out.

Pretty sure there's flags for problems like this. I'm not sure which though.

Not OP, but kind of curious about this too. So if we don't have an internet connection at the time but we have a WU already going, we can continue to Fold and when it completes, the results will still be sent in?

Asus X550CA-DB51: 15.6" @ 1366x768, i5-3337U @1.8, 8gb RAM, Intel 4000 Graphics, 750gb HDD

That is correct yes. An internet connection is only required to download and upload the work units. During the folding process you can be offline.

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133

Thank you very much, that answers my question. Hopefully Eyal can work something out.

Asus X550CA-DB51: 15.6" @ 1366x768, i5-3337U @1.8, 8gb RAM, Intel 4000 Graphics, 750gb HDD

Basically when complete, the client will try every few minutes to contact the work server. Once it does, it will upload results and download a new WU and away you go...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99