Will MY Graphics Card Fit?

TheSnelly

Hello, I was going to purchase a MSI GTX 960 4GB graphics card and was wondering if it fit in my motherboard. My motherboard is the ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0. Any help will be much appreciated :)

Yes, it will fit. The question is, will it fit your case?

Thank you, and yeah, I'm sure it will

Just tell us the case, any GPU will fit with any mobo but it's about the case length and HDD cages

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Video cards can, and often do, overhang the motherboard. The only crucial compatibility concerns are whether your case can accommodate it and if your power supply is adequate for the card.

Video cards can, and often do, overhang the motherboard. The only crucial compatibility concerns are whether your case can accommodate it and if your power supply is adequate for the card.

^^ what he said

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I was "sure" I would have plenty of clearance for my 290X Lightning in my new case. I have less than an inch, and have to put the card in the case at an angle to even install it.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Your 960 uses PCIe 3.0 x16 interface, your motherboard only has a PCIe 2.0 x16 slot. You can still use the card but you won't be able to squeeze the most performance out of it.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

What everyone else said. Might I add, I strongly recommend not getting that card. You get much less performance for the money. A 380 4Gb for the same price performs circles around it.

I was "sure" I would have plenty of clearance for my 290X Lightning in my new case. I have less than an inch, and have to put the card in the case at an angle to even install it.

I had the same problem in my old case, now with my new one.. I pretty much have to angle it as well as try not to knock it against everything else

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats