Hi100 pile of f**king c**p

I doubt people by and large are trying to return their leaking AIO coolers to Amazon and Newegg. They're contacting Corsair for replacements. Refurbished/Open Box units come from returns within the website's 30 day return window, and that's more likely to be because of shipping damage or buyers with second thoughts. Even among the few that will eventually fail, it will probably happen beyond 30 days.

I don't know where you're seeing "so many of them," I think I see refurbished versions of just about everything on Newegg.

Refurbished can mean repaired, my ASUS board is a refurb. Trust me I've seen too many of them to buy one or even trust one in a build for friends, family or customer alike.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

No, it's not a corsair is shit rant. I buy AIOs from Corsica almost exclusively.  The H100i in particular is shit. They broke from using Astek pumps and put whatever the fuck in there. The h100i GTX went back to Asetek, for a good reason. 

I was relieved when I saw the H110 was an Asetek technology. :lol:

I take it Asetek is Seasonic of water cooling; they build things in-house then sell them to other companies.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

So i came home today to find a small puddle of liquid next to my pc, unsure as to what it was i looked inside my case to find droplets on my graphics card and mobo, the reason my hi100 leaked. Iv had this thing for 2 months and its already failed completely. To make matters worse i contacted corsair and they said they will only pay for 50% of the damages, WTF do i do?!?!?!      

with their 50% covering of the parts you MUST send in all parts being claimed which kills the i can just let it dry people , and have there money and my parts that now worked after a long  drying .i had now 2 of them fail one a month in pump blew  and  my second one the hose is now doubled in size comming into/out of it the rad . after almost a year of having it its now sitting in its box going to be sent back soon once they pay for shipping to them i ant droping another dime on it

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

i was away for the week working, so i have some sort of limescale on parts of the pc, and idea how to get it off? 

it would be, if i hadn't done that 2 months ago :(

isoproply school, and clean

complaining! this thing has ruined my pc, i think people need know

Know that you were someone who got a faulty product? Cry me a river. You got off easy with this one. Unless it set fire to your computer, it hasn't ruined anything. So long as the parts still work, it hasn't ruined anything.

I had to replace several hundred dollars worth of hardware after an AlphaCool water block ruptured and spilled coolant into a *running* system. Guess what? It ignited! I think I've posted the pictures of it up here somewhere. But did I come up here and say that their block is trash? Nope. Because I knew flat out that I was a one-in-a-million (or one in who knows how many thousands). I don't go badmouthing an entire product line simply because one is faulty. If you want to do that, take your rage to the Amazon product reviews sections.

And yes I was reimbursed by AlphaCool's liability insurance for the hardware that had to be replaced and other related miscellaneous costs. But that's also because they passed it to their liability insurance company -- without even telling me they would -- and let them handle all of it instead of trying to handle it themselves. If you raise enough of a stink, the same may happen as well. But unless you've got evidence (i.e. pictures) showing clearly that their product is at fault, then 50% is being generous as they easily could've said they won't give you anything unless you can demonstrate liability.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Tbh you probably fucked up, not the cooler

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

If watching Linus's wet laptop series of videos have told me anything, you should try and dry everything if it was off. As long as there isn't any obvious visible damage (like Kyle's 5930k and mobo), there should be a chance of it working.

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

It's good too see people backing up their opinions with facts....

Oh wait...

"Corsairs shit, because I've had corsair products and I didn't like it and and and, it failed. So yeah, all corsair products are shit, but I'm not going to present any data to back any of this up."  <_<
Utter conjecture.

Corsair have been rated time and time again, one of the top companies when it comes to RMA. If they're offering to pay for 50% of any damage, i'd say that's a pretty decent offer. 

Knight Rider - Build Log - NZXTS340 / i7-4790k / R9 390 / Modded Noctuas / AIO Watercooler - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/421049-updated-knight-rider-nzxt-s340-amd-buiildnow-intel-with-modded-noctuas/

looks uneasily at my h100i,... dont you even dare

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've had a h100i in my system for nearly a year and I've had NO issues at all, I've had Corsair link problems which I stand by saying it's a piece of shit, but the cooler itself has been fine *Touch wood* I feel boycotting the whole product line nay company is a little extreme. All companies have hiccups it's a statistical impossibility to not. Take the incredibly generous 50% and dry out the PC, my guess is you'll salvage some things and you will be fine.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

That's the risk you take when you water cool there bud.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

So to anyone wandering, i took corsairs 50% and the only thing that needed replacing in the end was the mobo, so all in all profit :D

So without first knowing what needed to be replaced, you demanded they pay for replacing, what... everything? Then after they offered 50% and you took it, you only needed to replace the mainboard. Better hope that Corsair doesn't see this post and demand you return everything above 50% of the cost of the mainboard, since their offer was to cover 50% of whatever needed replaced, and you misrepresented the situation to them as needing to replace far, far more than that.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Just because one of their products failed doesn't mean it's going to be a continuous experience with them.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

reassuring to hear that corsair came to the party and helped out. Makes me feel more confident using their AIO's in my systems.

I would hope that if my AIO ever leaked that I would receive some form of compensation.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

reassuring to hear that corsair came to the party and helped out. Makes me feel more confident using their AIO's in my systems.

I would hope that if my AIO ever leaked that I would receive some form of compensation.

Yup, just in case that ever happens, we've got you covered. 

I know what to replace my h75 with - I was considering NZXT but a h110i it is :-)

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

So to anyone wandering, i took corsairs 50% and the only thing that needed replacing in the end was the mobo, so all in all profit :D

Funny thing is 90% of this Forum did tell you that you'd get it running again... So none of us are surprised at all, but I would say a good portion of us are disappointed you still took their 50% as you didn't end up needing it. We all like getting our monies worth but there is a limit. 

Better hope that Corsair doesn't see this post and demand you return everything above 50% of the cost of the mainboard, since their offer was to cover 50% of whatever needed replaced, and you misrepresented the situation to them as needing to replace far, far more than that.

Are you a wizard??

Interesting... 

I'm just glad to hear that we've got it all sorted out for you. 

Uh oh... Daddy's home!

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

Corsair Joseph, on 29 Sept 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

You guys are awesome, I've had two issues with my K95 RGB and you guys paid for all the shipping and gave me a free mouse pad :D

Coincidentally, I am currently experiencing an issue with my VOID headset, mind if I shoot you a PM?

Cheers.

You guys are awesome, I've had two issues with my K95 RGB and you guys paid for all the shipping and gave me a free mouse pad :D

Coincidentally, I am currently experiencing an issue with my VOID headset, mind if I shoot you a PM?

Cheers.

Use the ticket procedure on their website.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

Skander1345, on 29 Sept 2015 - 7:18 PM, said:

Use the ticket procedure on their website.

Yeah I sent them a question today but they usually take a day or two to reply and I would prefer to get the problem solved tonight if possible.

We all know the risks of using water in a computer. Not exactly a new concept. ESD is still a thing, and you don't see people saying "Oh no, I built up a static charge, didn't discharge myself, and ruined X part in my computer!" You are complaining. I get that you're mad. I would be too. The natural response is to rant about it, vent your frustrations. Like I said, don't recommend the product if you've had a bad experience with it. But also don't go bashing a product that is indeed good and calling it "f***ing c**p" because you had one bad experience. Just kindly remind people that these things happen, let them know the risks.

Either you are a hardcore Corsair fanboy or you wipe your arse with $50s mate

Either you are a hardcore Corsair fanboy or you wipe your arse with $50s mate

You know, it could be neither. Didn't mention the name Corsair once in that post. Wouldn't call that fanboyism. And I sure as hell don't have the cash flow to be dropping $50s.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I would have gave you 0 dollars for damages. Every time people put water cooling in their pc they accept the risk it may leak.

MainRig- CPU: 4790k, RAM: 32gb 2400mhz, MOBO: Maximus Formula VII, COOLING: Full EK cooling, GPU: Titan X SLI, PSU: 1200w evga , STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 4TB hybrid CASE: 760T, EXTRAS: Sleeved cables

SecondRig- CPU:4690K, RAM: 16gb 1600mhz, MOBO: Maximus Gene VII, COOLING: H105, GPU: 970ftw, PSU: EVG650W,  STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 3TB, CASE: 540air 

Steam: pizzatime6 Plus two other pc rigs and a craptop.