Difference between the ax and rm series

Pony080905

What's the difference between the corsair ax and rm series psus

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

RM PSUs, just like CX, is made with low quality transistors and are generally less worthwhile.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

RM PSUs, just like CX, is made with low quality transistors and are generally less worthwhile.

so the ax series is better

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

The AX series is far better. There is a new series called RMi, which is internally completely different from the RM units, and which is higher quality - not quite on par with the AX series, but close enough.

only the secondary ones are shit

so the ax series is better

yes the ax is better

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

AX is better, but take a gander at other PSU brands like Seasonic and FSP - Corsair has a reputation for good power supplies but at a rather large price premium.

What's the difference between the corsair ax and rm series psus

The RM Series has lower quality secondary capacitors but are still an excellent PSU, the AX series has slightly better and tighter power quality, not to mention the platinum efficiency. One thing to note is the AX series it known to be a bit temperamental when it comes to coil whine, I have an AX series myself but haven't had coil whine myself but ti's never a guarentee.

The RM Series has lower quality secondary capacitors but are still an excellent PSU, the AX series has slightly better and tighter power quality, not to mention the platinum efficiency. One thing to note is the AX series it known to be a bit temperamental when it comes to coil whine, I have an AX series myself but haven't had coil whine myself but ti's never a guarentee.

The RM series is NOT a series of excellent PSUs. The AX series is much higher quality. So is the RMi series.

Also, the RM series is ludicrously overpriced. The RMi and AX series are expensive too, but at least they're proper high-end units. The RM series is a budget platform posing as high-end, and with hybrid fan mode to kill the bad capacitors as fast as possible (capacitor lifespan is very dependent on operating temperature).

The RM series is NOT a series of excellent PSUs. The AX series is much higher quality. So is the RMi series.

Also, the RM series is ludicrously overpriced. The RMi and AX series are expensive too, but at least they're proper high-end units. The RM series is a budget platform posing as high-end, and with hybrid fan mode to kill the bad capacitors as fast as possible (capacitor lifespan is very dependent on operating temperature).

Power quality wise as a unit they are still great but are lesser units due to component quality they are not bad in any ways if your solely looking at the units, they are not worth the value they are priced at however especially since they do not have the highest end components which they should have had first time around. 

They are secondary capacitors and not the primary ones but are still second quality.

Power quality wise as a unit they are still great but are lesser units due to component quality they are not bad in any ways if your solely looking at the units, they are not worth the value they are priced at however especially since they do not have the highest end components which they should have had first time around. 

They are secondary capacitors and not the primary ones but are still second quality.

Capacitor quality is more important on the secondary side than the primary, so that doesn't really help matters. Plus, as I said, the RM series puts extra strain on the capacitors by running fanless at low to medium load.