has AMD hit rock bottom?!

zMeul

gaining!? what!? have you actually looked at the pictures I posted in the OP?!the EPS is under 0 .. hello!estimize-amd-fq3-2015-91cccce0560ba5b5.ptheir reported EPS for Q2 2015 was -0.17 .. hello!! what gain?!

The long term image for Advanced Micro Devices is still bullish; in the last four weeks shares posting a modest gain of 5.1%.

Upward trends are clear, currently 15 analysts are in consensus that Advanced Micro Devices has a common price target of $2.54 per share. This price target is expected to be reached in the next 52-week period. Some analysts are predicting a higher price target ranging up to $5 per share.

Care to explain why you left this bit out?

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Maybe you should stop making yourself look like an idiot.

Thanks for the rational argument to support that claim. Because insulting people is always the best thing to do, amirite?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Thanks for the rational argument to support that claim. Because insulting people is always the best thing to do, amirite?

Typical AMD fan response-if the see something about AMD that they don't like-say the OP is biased.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Because there's no point in quoting it. Long-term AMD has no clear roadmap, and there's no sign their GPU sales are improving, and we have yet to see Zen. Those predictions are based on vaporware.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

because it's about earnings per share (EPS) and not price per share

and since you brought it into discussion:

z38BpCb.png

very nice trend here

Typical AMD fan response-if the see something about AMD that they don't like-say the OP is biased.

Hey buddy - look at the post where I ask Mr. zMeul why he left a significant portion out. That's not called being a fanboy, it's called asking the right questions.

Besides, I'm rocking the 980Ti - must be an AMD fanboy.

Spoiler

Hey buddy - look at the post where I ask Mr. zMeul why he left a significant portion out. That's not called being a fanboy, it's called asking the right questions.

Besides, I'm rocking the 980Ti - must be an AMD fanboy.

There is a reason for the source being included in the OP.

PMSL

because it's about earnings per share (EPS) and not price per shareand since you brought it into discussion:

z38BpCb.png

very nice trend here

To be expected - although why would you only put it in the perspective of a year? I've never said they bounced back a year ago - I said recently. One month should be more accurate.

post-237505-0-87467800-1442889678_thumb.

There is a reason for the source being included in the OP.

Yeah, and there's also a rule that outlines quotes should give a summary of the article. It's there for a reason.

Spoiler

I believe those are still with ASync disabled for the nVidia card, that is still vendor specific path. They aren't rendering exactly the same things in the same way. Not too different from DX11 TBH, so get performance where performance shows.

I believe those are still with ASync disabled for the nVidia card, that is still vendor specific path. They aren't rendering exactly the same things in the same way. Not too different from DX11 TBH, so get performance where performance shows.

You will always have vendor-specific rendering paths. AMD and Nvidia wouldn't be doing their jobs supporting developers if they weren't finding ways to be more optimal. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

how about:

5unt9Ps.png

What do you not get about the word 'RECENTLY'?

Is your definition of recent by any chance 'approximately 5 years ago'?

AMD have certainly fucked up to the point in which they've dropped significantly, but they're definitely not rock bottom. They've gained a bit - I showed you that in my last response to you.

Spoiler

Why are people discussing stock prices now? You guys understand that AMD does not make money off of shareholders selling their stocks right? As long as AMD doesn't have to sell their own stock, they really shouldn't be bothered that much about it.

No AMD has broken the downwards curve on GPU sales. And with the transition to DX12 and async compute, this will only increase.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Why are people discussing stock prices now? You guys understand that AMD does not make money off of shareholders selling their stocks right? As long as AMD doesn't have to sell their own stock, they really shouldn't be bothered that much about it.

No AMD has broken the downwards curve on GPU sales. And with the transition to DX12 and async compute, this will only increase.

And then Pascal will land, and we'll see whether or not AMD can actually recover on dGPU sales.

You will always have vendor-specific rendering paths. AMD and Nvidia wouldn't be doing their jobs supporting developers if they weren't finding ways to be more optimal. 

Except in this case the vendor path is just an end around of async, just like in DX11 where the nvidia cards were literally not rendering the same things as AMD cards. Now my question is what is still being done in compute, just synchronously. Because its not like they removed all compute functions, what are the shifts being made? Is it eye candy? Is the lighting and particles lesser on nVidia so geometry and AI can keep up? Where is the async helping AMD and being routed around in nVidia.

And then Pascal will land, and we'll see whether or not AMD can actually recover on dGPU sales.

A large amount of AAA DX12 games will be released between now and the end of Q1 2016. Lot's of GPU's will be sold before Greenland and Pascal hits the shelves. Right now they are completely irrelevant.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

What do you not get about the word 'RECENTLY'?

Is your definition of recent by any chance 'approximately 5 years ago'?

AMD have certainly fucked up to the point in which they've dropped significantly, but they're definitely not rock bottom. They've gained a bit - I showed you that in my last response to you.

That graph goes from 5 years ago to the present. Its time frame includes "recently".

PMSL

That graph goes from 5 years ago to the present. Its time frame includes "recently".

The massive drop from 5 years ago to now kinda obscures the part where their shares have increased from a month ago.

But Notional is right. This is irrevelant. The point remains - AMD will most likely bounce back. If they don't succeed from now to the end of 2016, I don't know what will.

Spoiler

A large amount of AAA DX12 games will be released between now and the end of Q1 2016. Lot's of GPU's will be sold before Greenland and Pascal hits the shelves. Right now they are completely irrelevant.

Nope. With no new products for the Christmas season, this upcoming quarter will be particularly slow for dGPU sales regardless of games.

Nope. With no new products for the Christmas season, this upcoming quarter will be particularly slow for dGPU sales regardless of games.

I've heard AMD is preparing Fury X2 for this winter

People buy new graphics card even out of the large launch windows you know. People are not going to wait for some unannounced graphics cards that are a full year off still. We have no idea about architecture, features or anything else other than the codenames, node and HBM2. None of that will affect sales right now or anytime soon. People might wait when there's a few months until shelve stock.

ok:

pW1mbBS.png

Yeah, it's not that significant. 1.88 to 1.81 isn't something to be really glamouring over. That could be easily gained tomorrow. It's the stock market, it always changes.

Spoiler

Yeah, it's not that significant. 1.88 to 1.81 isn't something to be really glamouring over. That could be easily gained tomorrow. It's the stock market, it always changes.

That could literally be the results of a few hundred day traders, tomorrow they shift around and it all comes back.

That could be easily gained tomorrow. It's the stock market, it always changes.

yeah yeah, I bet that's all AMD leadership is saying since 2012: "we'll regain it tomorrow"  :lol: for 3 years now