ASUS PG348Q or ACER Predator X34

Metro

Hello

Should I get the ACER Predator X34 if all the issues get fixed or should I wait for the ASUS PG348Q

The ACER Predator X34 got a good TFT review as well, they are both the same panel, so there is not going to be a big difference in quality

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

This is more of a subjective decision - one you like the look of more. Personally I can't stand the design of the ASUS one. ASUS would probably have better QC but they use the same panel

Honestly the guts of the monitor is the same IPS panel. If they can get the colour banding fixed with the Firmware fix they are supposed to be releasing then from a strictly performance issue, they should be very comparable.

After that it comes down to the little bells n whistles.  The stand, the bezel, the crosshairs on the monitor (if you use that) the number and position of USB ports and of course which company do you trust the most to help you if something goes wrong.  Finally there is price.  I'm seeing the ROG version looks to be more expensive than the Acer and i'm not exactly sure as to why.

I love Asus products as you can see my part list below.  Their Customer Service is woeful tho.  I have never dealt with Acer and I'm content that the TFT review was very positive with the exception of the banding issue.  To me if they fix that, then I'd be willing to get the Acer.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

One thing to consider is that they have mentioned they will have ULMB on the ASUS monitor. I thought that was the case with the X34 before though and then it showed up without it. So hopefully ASUS will include it on theirs and then the decision will be easy.

One thing to consider is that they have mentioned they will have ULMB on the ASUS monitor. I thought that was the case with the X34 before though and then it showed up without it. So hopefully ASUS will include it on theirs and then the decision will be easy.

ULMB is great but it can't run on higher than 120Hz, so it shouldn't be an issue.  Can it run on G-sync?

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

ULMB is great but it can't run on higher than 120Hz, so it shouldn't be an issue.  Can it run on G-sync?

The ACER Predator X34 and ASUS PG348Q do not have ULMB

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

THEY ARENT RELEASED YET.

Zomg people... you disappoint.

Personally I'd go for Asus just because I haven't had any issues with any of their products, that doesn't mean they're better than Acer though.

Considering it's the same panel, I'd wait and see for the price of both of them.

I think the Asus monitor will be quite a bit higher in price than the Acer one but that's just a guess of mine.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

checked out the Acer x34 TFT review....

aahhhh....  it doesnt have ULMB... what a ripoff

nono, its still amazeballs best-in-slot monitor.... was just hoping for 100hz ULMB on it

THEY ARENT RELEASED YET.

Zomg people... you disappoint.

I just do not know if it is worth waiting for the ASUS PG348Q, it is going to be another 3 months before it comes out.

I just do not know if it is worth waiting for the ASUS PG348Q, it is going to be another 3 months before it comes out.

I dunno man...

I dont think you should be using up 100% of your energy focusing on these two monitors.

Focus on something else... like work, thats never a waste of time. And you`ll be surprised how fast 3 months pass. 

Because, like i said before - some people have been waiting close to a decade for these proper gaming screens to appear. Id wait the few months. 

Those two monitors will almost certainly be exactly the same spec wise. But for example if asus guarantees the 100hz, the choice becomes simple. As i understand Acer doesnt... not that 90hz would be horrible, but you know.

Then again, you can just get the Acer and start having fun. Something marginally better will appear next year anyway, so you could wait for eternity.

The second they post the X34 for sale in the US I am buying one.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

The second they post the X34 for sale in the US I am buying one.

You not waiting for the ASUS PG348Q then

You not waiting for the ASUS PG348Q then

Probably not since at this point it is a myth.  :lol:

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Probably not since at this point it is a myth.   :lol:

What do you mean, you could pre order it.

I say get whatever best suits your needs, in this moment. Unfortunately (or fortunately), with technology, something better will always be on the horizon. By the time the Asus is readily available, certainly something better will be in the not so distant future.

• 1 month later...

The ACER Predator X34 and ASUS PG348Q do not have ULMB

How do you know? Look PCDiY. It says it will have it.

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm