Planning on my first build

BiggestFan
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Like others have said, your build is overkill.

Even this is overkill but it would be my recommendation,

Here you go: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1reMd

Crossfire ready.

You really should caculate these wattages, that system will draw max 600w when OC:d

Yes but it's always good to have a PSU used at 50-75% in this range it is most efficient , Also with the new 9970 that is rumoured to have like 300W TDP , crossfiring will be hard when using a low wattage PSU .

Interested in Business and Technology

Yes but it's always good to have a PSU used at 50-75% in this range it is most efficient , Also with the new 9970 that is rumoured to have like 300W TDP , crossfiring will be hard when using a low wattage PSU .

I have 600w PSU and i am buying 9970, and i caculated that it is just enough.

I have 600w PSU and i am buying 9970, and i caculated that it is just enough.

Lol you didn't read what i said , A PSU is better of delivering only 50-75% of it's capable wattage than 90-100%.

Lol you didn't read what i said , A PSU is better of delivering only 50-75% of it's capable wattage than 90-100%.

i know, idle draw is more important than load load draw.

:o imma ask my friend that still plays for an account

Nice ;)

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.0GHz | Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB | GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  | SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: OCZ 750W ATX12V | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 300R | Display: BenQ RL2455HM 24"

i know, idle draw is more important than load load draw.

True , but how is this rellevant to my statement?

It should diliver stable power up to 600w, thats why we have 80+ scale.

Again true if you have a good quality PSU it's fine but it won't be as efficient as running it on 50-75% of its capacity. Also you won't be able to crossfire another 9970 in the future wuthout upgrading the PSU

Crossfire ready.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Crossfire ready.

Thank you! :) So many builds to choose... Lol

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.0GHz | Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB | GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  | SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: OCZ 750W ATX12V | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 300R | Display: BenQ RL2455HM 24"

Thank you! :) So many builds to choose... Lol

I've looked through the other builds. So far, they're either overkill and/or not the best value.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I've looked through the other builds. So far, they're either overkill and/or not the best value.

Ok I think I am going to choose your build then. One more thing... Going to play other games in future which are bit graphic intensive, do you think the computer will handle them: Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3?

Ok I think I am going to choose your build then. One more thing... Going to play other games in future which are bit graphic intensive, do you think the computer will handle them: Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3?

You should be able to play them all at high/ultra just fine--just not with all filters maxed out and such. Don't forget to overclock your cpu/gpu. The 7950 is a fantastic overclocker.

You should be able to play them all at high/ultra just fine--just not with all filters maxed out and such. Don't forget to overclock your cpu/gpu. The 7950 is a fantastic overclocker.

The problem is that I have no idea how to overclock, never done it before :s Can it be dangerous? And what exactly are overclocking?

The problem is that I have no idea how to overclock, never done it before :s Can it be dangerous? And what exactly are overclocking?

Overclocking is telling your parts to run faster. This may require more voltage to be stable so you may raise that too.

Adding more voltage will decrease the lifespan of your parts but it's like going from a lifespan of 10 years to 4 years even in the more extreme cases.

For the cpu, you may want to look up some guide but gpu overclocking is very easy. Use Msi Afterburner and raise the core clock and memory clock if you feel like it. If it becomes unstable, add more voltage. Also, adjust the fan curve so your gpu doesn't get too hot or loud. It's as easy as pulling some sliders around and pressing save. 

9ea6339d70635269be8be3f9db5cd3ce.png

Each chip is different so it takes a little bit of testing to see how high you can safely push your gpu. Don't worry about frying your chip since modern cards are designed to be overclock ready.

Come back to the forum when you have more questions when you're ready to overclock.

Overclocking is telling your parts to run faster. This may require more voltage to be stable so you may raise that too.

Adding more voltage will decrease the lifespan of your parts but it's like going from a lifespan of 10 years to 4 years even in the more extreme cases.

For the cpu, you may want to look up some guide but gpu overclocking is very easy. Use Msi Afterburner and raise the core clock and memory clock if you feel like it. If it becomes unstable, add more voltage. Also, adjust the fan curve so your gpu doesn't get too hot or loud. It's as easy as pulling some sliders around and pressing save. 

9ea6339d70635269be8be3f9db5cd3ce.png

Each chip is different so it takes a little bit of testing to see how high you can safely push your gpu. Don't worry about frying your chip since modern cards are designed to be overclock ready.

Come back to the forum when you have more questions when you're ready to overclock.

Thank you for helping me :) I will buy the components within 2-3 weeks ;)