Which of this gpu will last longer with the incoming years, r9 380 4gb or the Gtx 960 4 gb?

Shapyzaur
Go to solution Solved by Muz,

380 will serve you better, it's about 5% better than the 960.

4GB on a 960 is pointless because of it's small as memory bus.

I want to buy one of this two but i cant decide wich.I want to buy and after 3 year to still run the games at medium at least.Please help me 

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

The 380. It's very slightly better than the 960 so if you can get them for the same price you should go for that.

I will also say the 380! :D

Who doesn't want a nuclear reactor of their own?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

310,5751 usd the 380 and the 960 258,8126 usd FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD I HATE LIVING HERE

310,5751 usd the 380 and the 960 258,8126 usd FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD I HATE LIVING HERE

what

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

what

those are the cheapest one and the 50$ ain't sure its worth it....i will buy them on the black friday that is on november 27

those are the cheapest one and the 50$ ain't sure its worth it....i will buy them on the black friday that is on november 27

What website/store you buying from?

emag.ro and pcgarage.ro these in my country are trustfull,i live in romania europe 

emag.ro and pcgarage.ro these in my country are trustfull,i live in romania europe 

Hm, I still think the 380 would last you longer because it's better for Dx12 than the 960.

The 380. It's very slightly better than the 960 so if you can get them for the same price you should go for that.

310 usd the 380 and the 960 258 usd

310 usd the 380 and the 960 258 usd

I've seen them for much less

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

380. I don't know about you but there's been a lot of shady stuff going with Nvidia regarding older architecture support, *looks at Kepler 2nd gen* But it's most likely just the innovation of newer architecture resulting in "gimp" rumors for previous generations.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nvidia+kepler&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=nvidia+kepler+gimp

Also if you have extra time read this article or just lightly read the benchmarks regarding "long time" driver support.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/70125-gtx-780-ti-vs-r9-290x-rematch.html

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_r9_380_strix_review,10.html

If your objective is to have a futureproof card you would be best getting a R9 390 the extra 100$ is worth the price if you can save up more for it plus were gonna be moving to DX12 soon with gaming

380 because rebranding lol /joke

380 is more powerful :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE