Best 980TI to water cool?

Profoundsoup

G1 Gaming? EVGA Classified? EVGA Kingpin? Asus Strix? What would would be the best fit to water cool and OC the hell out of?

The EVGA, G1 Gaming, Strix, and i will assume Lightning all have full waterblocks from EK

any reference model can be watercooled, and the ones listed above are the ones I know of that have waterblocks (I feel like Zotac has one but I honestly cant remember). So those would be the best for watercooling.

CPU i7 4770k (4.5ghz OC) | CPU Cooler Swiftech H220-x | GPU 980ti G1 Gaming (1562 mhz) | Mobo EVGA z87 Stinger | RAM 16gb Kingston HyperX Beast 1866mhz | PSU EVGA 850w B-2 | Storage Seagate 2tb hdd 7200rpm(main storage) & Samsung 840 EVO 250gb (boot drive) | Case Corsair 250D

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

The EVGA, G1 Gaming, Strix, and i will assume Lightning all have full waterblocks from EK

any reference model can be watercooled, and the ones listed above are the ones I know of that have waterblocks (I feel like Zotac has one but I honestly cant remember). So those would be the best for watercooling.

The Lightning wont get one ( says on website ). Im more asking based on quality of the boards and the cards. Hear is what Ive heard. The G1 can OC high as fuck but the cooler gets retardedly loud and suffers coil wine. The Kingpin is made more of LN2 vs water cooling. The classified might be a good fit because of the quality of the card and the strik is your just average card. 

The Lightning wont get one ( says on website ). Im more asking based on quality of the boards and the cards. Hear is what Ive heard. The G1 can OC high as fuck but the cooler gets retardedly loud and suffers coil wine. The Kingpin is made more of LN2 vs water cooling. The classified might be a good fit because of the quality of the card and the strik is your just average card. 

The Kingpin will benefit from water. It beats almost all cards on air. If you're putting a block on the G1 noise from the stock cooler is irrelevant. 

Jesus.....I may as well just buy a 80% ASIC quality Kingpin at that point LOL. What is the point of that card over the other besides it already comes with a pre-installed block?

EDIT - But to be fair..........the card is sexy as fuck..

The Kingpin will benefit from water. It beats almost all cards on air. If you're putting a block on the G1 noise from the stock cooler is irrelevant. 

Yeah I know I was just saying what I heard about the cards and what I know :P

Jesus.....I may as well just buy a 80% ASIC quality Kingpin at that point LOL. What is the point of that card over the other lol

lel just the fact you wont have to slap a waterblock on the card, also look at the Firestrike Hall of Fame *they happen to hold a few records* but thats with Liquid Nitrogen.

I think its more then an adequate card if you dont mind the price tag

Also this card is essentially guaranteed to overclock like a thingy...

cant think of something that overclocks good

Jesus.....I may as well just buy a 80% ASIC quality Kingpin at that point LOL. What is the point of that card over the other besides it already comes with a pre-installed block?

You're paying for the white pvb and block 

EDIT - But to be fair..........the card is sexy as fuck..

If you can get an EVGA classy i'd go with that. The warranty is great for stuff like this. 

The Strix isn't an average card I'm afraid - due to their product shift to fully automated they had some issues with the early batches. It has the same power delivery as the Matrix (12+2) and high quality caps.

Don't be fooled that because Asus set the fan curve ridiculously low that the card is bad.

If you can get an EVGA classy i'd go with that. The warranty is great for stuff like this. 

Idk Im conflicted if Id rather go with the classified over the kingpin....but If i went with the HOF card I wouldnt have to bother with installing the water-block and backplate and its a sexy unique card...hmmm

I say EVGA. For the sole reason of that they allow you to remove the cooler without voiding the warranty.

I say EVGA. For the sole reason of that they allow you to remove the cooler without voiding the warranty.

They also let you use a modded bios on dual/triple bios cards and not void it either.

Oh really? Well would you say classified or Kingpin then? 

I have an EVGA GTX980 TI SC with an EK Titan X waterblock and it is EXCELLENT.

5960x-4.4|AsusRE5|16g DDR4-2133|ZOTAC GTX 1080 FE-EK Block|2Smsng 850 EVO 500gb ssds Raid0|2Tb WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 1200W|Thrmltake X9|Custom H20 cooling|Dell U3415W

4790k-4.7|AsusMxVIIH|16g DDR3-2400|EVGA GTX980TI SC-EK Block|Cru M500-240g ssd:500g WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 950W|HAF932Adv|Custom H20 cooling|BenQ BL3200PT

I have an EVGA GTX980 TI SC with an EK Titan X waterblock and it is EXCELLENT.

What are your clocks and temps?

Stock clock of 1102 and since it is water cooled with an EK block gpu core is 28C idle and 40 C at max.

I have OC'd the core to nearly 1300 without a problem. The temps go up at most 2 C

5960x-4.4|AsusRE5|16g DDR4-2133|ZOTAC GTX 1080 FE-EK Block|2Smsng 850 EVO 500gb ssds Raid0|2Tb WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 1200W|Thrmltake X9|Custom H20 cooling|Dell U3415W

4790k-4.7|AsusMxVIIH|16g DDR3-2400|EVGA GTX980TI SC-EK Block|Cru M500-240g ssd:500g WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 950W|HAF932Adv|Custom H20 cooling|BenQ BL3200PT

Stock clock of 1102 and since it is water cooled with an EK block gpu core is 28C idle and 40 C at max.

I have OC'd the core to nearly 1300 without a problem. The temps go up at most 2 C

Wait you only have it at 1300....? Why not try to get 1450 or 1500?