Ps4 download suuuper slow.

werto165

I'm downloading drive club and it's taking an age 120 minutes to download 1.5gb why so slow? I have 25mbps down

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

wifi?

if yes - there's your problem.

Is it really that shitty? I'm like 6m away from the router, xbox one downloads don't take this long, even my pc with a shitty pcie wireless card is faster

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Sadly the wifi for the ps4 isnt so great. I always use a wired connection for big download's and if I'm doing share play with my buddies.

Is it really that shitty? I'm like 6m away from the router, xbox one downloads don't take this long, even my pc with a shitty pcie wireless card is faster

could just be the psn servers having a heavy load on them

could just be the psn servers having a heavy load on them

I guess it's something I take for granted with the pc, steam downloads at my max data rate pretty much any time of day, for the amount of money play station + is you'd expect some decent servers, I will try ethernet and see if it makes a difference. Perhaps I need to reconfigure my wireless as I did easy setup without thinking.

wifi?

if yes - there's your problem.

Sadly the wifi for the ps4 isnt so great. I always use a wired connection for big download's and if I'm doing share play with my buddies.

False.  

If the PS4 had poor Wifi, then mine wouldn't be awesome.  

My Airport Express is no where near my PS4 (not even on the same floor) and I'm surrounded by a plethora of neighboring wifi networks.  It works perfectly fine. 

If you have issues, then it's interference and not the console's fault. 

post-122698-0-60162000-1442614021.png

I have the same problem im not sure if it's the servers or what my ps4 is right next to my pc yet my ps4 take days to load games

I guess it's something I take for granted with the pc, steam downloads at my max data rate pretty much any time of day, for the amount of money play station + is you'd expect some decent servers, I will try ethernet and see if it makes a difference. Perhaps I need to reconfigure my wireless as I did easy setup without thinking.

plug the ps4 directly into the ethernet and see if it work fast....if it does..then its your wireless

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

False.  

If the PS4 had poor Wifi, then mine wouldn't be awesome.  

My Airport Express is no where near my PS4 (not even on the same floor) and I'm surrounded by a plethora of neighboring wifi networks.  It works perfectly fine. 

If you have issues, then it's interference and not the console's fault. 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-09-18 at 5.05.39 PM.png

Perhaps it's just different batches? have you got the newer PS4? I've heard that is slightly different so they might have a slightly different network card. 

Perhaps it's just different batches? have you got the newer PS4? I've heard that is slightly different so they might have a slightly different network card.

Naw. I've had mine since launch.

Naw. I've had mine since launch.

Probably just too many devices connected to the same network. like 5 phones, 3 latops, 2 tablets , 2 PC's, xbox one and a ps4. 

Probably just too many devices connected to the same network. like 5 phones, 3 latops, 2 tablets , 2 PC's, xbox one and a ps4.

Maybe, but probably only if they're all active and saturating the bandwidth. You could try temporarily turning them all off to see.